New cotton home shirt!!!

Re: New cotton home shirt!!!

Big Red 18 Aug 2017 09:59 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Cotton a good move...just bring out a short sleeve version please.

£75 same price as the Superdry cotton...you can still have the fancy bri-nylon one for £55

Nothing different to any other club....but no doubt something else to have a whinge about.

KPB I'm definitely a culprit here but I do agree with you. However the club don't half make it easy to whinge about them sometimes. If it was Superdry, then fair play - their prices are premium. It's an XBlades shirt though and £50 would have been much more sensible. I've no doubt they'll still sell a good amount of these.
Big Red
On the board

Castle Grim Reaper 18 Aug 2017 10:07 am said..

forresterinyorks wrote:I'm not sure it is an equivalent product but There is a shirt going for £100 on the Tiggers site.

Jonny's wages :o
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Diamo 18 Aug 2017 10:12 am said..

This is exactly what people have been crying out for for years, so on the one hand, well done to the club for reacting and giving us the option. It looks fantastic I must say, though I'm not a fan of all the logos on the rear.

At that price though, it's getting steep (even if the £/€ rate is in my favour at the moment!) and I couldn't blame anyone for balking at that price. I can understand if the heavyweight cotton is expensive, that all the stitching doesn't come cheap, but doubt I'll be buying as I still have my classic hooped shirt with the city crest and no sponsors, though I could be sorely tempted if I knew where Theresa May's money tree was. ;)
Posts: 553  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

madders 18 Aug 2017 10:15 am said..

Those sleeves look tight, l imagine those players modelling them had a job getting them on, just wish there were a short sleeve version. Oh well.
Very pleased they're cotton and not recycled Tesco carrier bags, however at £75 I'll be sporting my C&G cotton trader one for a while longer, great quality.
madders
Hall of Famer

Diamo 18 Aug 2017 10:24 am said..

Having a quick look around at other clubs comparative offerings, it does seem that our price is at the top end:

Tiggers: LS classic = £75
Bath: LS classic = £60
Stains: LS cotton home = £56
Saracens: LS cotton heritage = £55
Wuss: LS cotton replica = £50
Posts: 553  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

madders 18 Aug 2017 10:34 am said..

They could be free and l wouldn't want one. :mrgreen:
madders
Hall of Famer

caldiglaws 18 Aug 2017 10:44 am said..

It appears those setting the prices have been shopping in Cheltenham and at Highgrove not Lydney and the local farmers market to judge what prices to charge in the county
caldiglaws
Vice-Captain

Ken Burney 18 Aug 2017 10:48 am said..

I don't particularly like the shirt but at £75 that's an academic point.

I've got a classic shirt with the city crest on it, and no other logo, with which I am happy.
Ken Burney
On the board

homer 18 Aug 2017 10:54 am said..

I asked in the shop last year if they did a long sleeved shirt as I prefer them, and they said "not this year" so I was pleased to see this one - until I saw the price, too steep for me I'm afraid. Much as I'd like to support the club by buying official merchandise this is a little (actually a lot) over the top so I'll have to make do with the frayed Jewson one for a bit longer, or maybe get an unofficial one :( .
homer
Senior squad member

Asgard 18 Aug 2017 12:02 pm said..

If it's overpriced it will not sell but somehow I don't believe they will be left with much unsold stock. I agree with Ken - I'll continue to wear my advert free version albeit it fading a bit - a bit like me!
Asgard
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby