Gloucester Blog - Season Preview and musings on opening game

Re: Gloucester Blog - Season Preview and musings on opening

Lebowski 06 Oct 2017 15:31 pm said..

Those stats are very interesting. There is no hiding from a result like that, but if we can dominate possession and territory like that, away from home, there is plenty of cause for optimism. The penalty count is very impressive too.
Lebowski

Asgard 06 Oct 2017 17:27 pm said..

I watched the All Blacks train in 1991 and their method was brutal. Every facet of the game was practised and rehearsed to the highest degree of accuracy. Once the level of accuracy was achieved to the coaches satisfaction they then had to repeat it 10 times on the trot flawlessly. If they failed on the 10th time they had to start again at the beginning of the 1 to 10 sequence. An assistant coach on the touch line said it was an excellent way of focussing their minds if they wanted an early finish top the training session.
Just a thought.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

SonofPricey 11 Oct 2017 15:41 pm said..

https://candwglasses.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... w.html?m=1

A little different this week. First one of two blogs, this regarding Rob Andrew and more of a personal view while a second one (coming tomorrow) will focus on a review of the Saints game and a preview to our European fixtures.

Enjoy.
SonofPricey
Senior squad member

TheOptimistSenior 11 Oct 2017 16:22 pm said..

"Although the remarks were made in good faith based on statements made to Rob Andrew before the press conference, he now accepts that there was insufficient evidence to justify the remarks," a joint Gloucester-Newcastle statement said.
"With regard to Gloucester supporters, Rob Andrew accepts that only one Gloucester supporter made comments of an inappropriate nature.
"With regard to Olivier Azam, Rob Andrew accepts that it was never the case that Olivier Azam was alleged by Epi Taione to have made more than one racist remark.
"Mr Andrew apologises to Olivier Azam and to Gloucester supporters for any offence caused to them by these comments.”

Excellent piece SoP.
Like you, I found the apology less than forthright. In particular, the phrase in bold (above) seems to suggest that OA did make one racist remark - or am I misreading it? Why not simply say "...made any racist remark"?
This was a joint statment, so presumably it was approved by Gloucester Rugby.
TheOptimistSenior
Senior squad member

Lebowski 11 Oct 2017 18:35 pm said..

Excellent blog SoP - very balanced.

The easiest thing would have been to pillory Andrew because, let's be honest, none of us like him, but you resisted that. Very objective IMO.
Lebowski

SonofPricey 19 Oct 2017 12:17 pm said..

Blog about Northampton win, decided to do my next one with a review of both European games for next one and gives me time to plan my post for B***

https://candwglasses.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... r.html?m=1
SonofPricey
Senior squad member
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby