2nd row

2nd row

Oakwood 31 Aug 2017 20:22 pm said..

Sorry to bang on àbout this. I'm glad JA was 2nd row, perhaps now he can sort it out. Glos are no doubt paying big bucks for JT & MG. 1 is still crock and the other I do not rate at all. What and who are academy players......and can we rely on them. Similar situation to hooker
Oakwood
Vice-Captain

Re: 2nd row

madders 31 Aug 2017 20:29 pm said..

Are you really suggesting Thrush is no good? Really? Well he's starting tomorrow and we seem to do better when he's on the pitch.

Certainly Galarza has had a fairly mediocre time here, but the man is currently injured.
madders
Hall of Famer

Oakwood 31 Aug 2017 20:39 pm said..

madders wrote:Are you really suggesting Thrush is no good? Really? Well he's starting tomorrow and we seem to do better when he's on the pitch.

Certainly Galarza has had a fairly mediocre time here, but the man is currently injured.

No not at all but I get the feeling he does what he wants when he wants
Oakwood
Vice-Captain

RTS2 31 Aug 2017 21:03 pm said..

Oakwood wrote:
madders wrote:Are you really suggesting Thrush is no good? Really? Well he's starting tomorrow and we seem to do better when he's on the pitch.

I would have maybe agreed to a point last season.....but now he will be doing what he's told......for sure ;)

He looked a different player last Friday ( did you see it ? )and had a very purposeful stride before and during the match !.

I don't think Akkers will take any lack of effort and IMHO any such apparent lack of from any player will most likely see them dropped.... whoever they are and what ever reputation they have.
Last edited by RTS2 on 31 Aug 2017 21:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Oakwood 31 Aug 2017 21:10 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
Oakwood wrote:

I would have maybe agreed to a point last season.....but now he will be doing what he's told......for sure ;)

He looked a different player last Friday ( did you it ? )and had a very purposeful stride before and during the match !.

I don't think Akkers will take any lack of effort and IMHO any such apparent lack of from any player will most likely see them dropped.... whoever they are and what ever reputation they have.

I sincerely hope u r right. I just have this gut feeling that JT does what he wants when he wants,and some times it is not a lot
Oakwood
Vice-Captain

TOBIAS 31 Aug 2017 21:13 pm said..

Think JT and MG will be the first choice second row given time . Clear JT is in tune with new regime
Posts: 435  Location: Kings Stanley weekends Oxford (practice) Mon - Thurs
TOBIAS
Vice-Captain

Baz 31 Aug 2017 21:29 pm said..

Thrush was excellent last week and looked like he was enjoying things. Last season he looked disinterested. If he plays anywhere to his original reputation we have a very good player in our second row. Give him 5 games then there might be a different opinion?
Baz
Hall of Famer

RTS2 31 Aug 2017 21:36 pm said..

Baz wrote:Thrush was excellent last week and looked like he was enjoying things. Last season he looked disinterested. If he plays anywhere to his original reputation we have a very good player in our second row. Give him 5 games then there might be a different opinion?

Consistency will be a trait Akkers will be looking for; and I think ALL of the squad will be very aware of this...including Thrush.

If he avoids injury he could be potentially a candidate for P.O.T.S IF he performs consistently to his ability and gives 100%.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Neilio44 31 Aug 2017 21:56 pm said..

Oakwood wrote:

Really? Could you please point to some examples as I'm really struggling to see any!
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Vice-Captain

madders 31 Aug 2017 21:58 pm said..

Tobias , so why sign Ed Slater?
madders
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby