Fraser Balmain

Re: Fraser Balmain

Geoffy 02 Sep 2017 19:24 pm said..

There's a place in he'll for predictive text
Geoffy
Turns out for the A team

The Vic 03 Sep 2017 17:52 pm said..

Thought he had an excellent match against what is considered as one of the best front rows in the prem!
The Vic
Hall of Famer

madders 03 Sep 2017 18:51 pm said..

The foundation of the win was our pack securing ball for the whole game, it was a great performance....with more players to become available when fit or eligible.
madders
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 04 Sep 2017 05:30 am said..

Worth remembering that he, like the others was a DH-inspired signing ;)
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

MartynWestBerks 04 Sep 2017 06:22 am said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Worth remembering that he, like the others was a DH-inspired signing ;)

+1
We wait with baited breath for RTS2 to acknowledge this :oops: :oops:
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

Vennvenn 04 Sep 2017 08:29 am said..

"With bated breath and whispering humbleness"

Fantastic debut. Well done Mr Balmain
Vennvenn
Turns out for the A team

King Prawn Bhuna 04 Sep 2017 08:42 am said..

Maybe referees will have to think differently about our front row this year...?
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." .....John Lennon
King Prawn Bhuna

RTS2 04 Sep 2017 09:03 am said..

MartynWestBerks wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:Worth remembering that he, like the others was a DH-inspired signing ;)

+1
We wait with baited breath for RTS2 to acknowledge this :oops: :oops:

Actually Martyn, I have remained open-minded on Fraser Balmain and acknowledged his performance Friday which was " industrious" and very solid in the set-piece. I also acknowledged David Humphrey's gigantic hug with Akkers. :D

Yes ; thus far a good signing. I will concede on other matters when I am convinced that he was a totally DH inspired signing and has shown consistency over a few matches. More than happy too !.... ;) :)

What I was also really impressed with was Afoa at Loosehead. Even more so his aspirations to replace Jonny May ! :D
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 04 Sep 2017 10:44 am said..

Afoa also had a very good game. My main criticism of him has been that he has given away too many penalties, particularly in the scrum. However, last Friday he only gave away 1 penalty. His replacement, Hohneck, gave away 2 penalties including the late one which could have cost us the match.

Afoa's work rate was very good - he made a lot of hard yards at close quarters and he tackled strongly as usual.
Ken Burney
Hero in the making

Asgard 04 Sep 2017 11:28 am said..

I think we will see Balmain and Afoa rotating at tighthead; one starting, the other on the bench. The position is too attritional (if there is such a word)for the full 80 minutes, hence the need for two quality players. Tighthead is the anchor of the scrum.
Asgard
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby