Twelvetrees

Twelvetrees

Glaws 04 Sep 2017 07:56 am said..

Just thought I'd give a mention to Billy T as I don't think he's got the recognition he deserves for the try at the end on Friday.

I know the whole team played great but he doesn't half get knocked by fans and pundits alike.

He came on and played brilliantly, tackled well, set up the try and even knocked over the conv from the touchline.

Great team player and a great asset to the squad. Lets hope he keeps that confidence and continues that sort of form this season.
Glaws
Hero in the making

Re: Twelvetrees

Lemster Jeff 04 Sep 2017 08:28 am said..

Agree 100%
Lemster Jeff
Vice-Captain

Stroud Wizard 04 Sep 2017 09:36 am said..

Yes looked a class above the starting centres. As said in previous correspondence needs to be given regular start with Owen Williams at number 10 to see what kind of partnership they can forge.
Too many find in too easy to point out his occasional faults and to give insufficient credit for his undoubted strengths. Gloucester will lose him unless they are careful.
Stroud Wizard
First team regular

glawsrugbyfan 04 Sep 2017 09:52 am said..

Agree Stroud Wizard. For some reason, it never worked between 12Trees and Hook.
Hopefully, Williams at 10 and 12Tees at 12 will have better cohesion.
glawsrugbyfan
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 04 Sep 2017 09:58 am said..

He still plays well at 10...giving us an extra option off the bench. But will be great to see a confident looking BTT in confident Glaws side with a confident coaching set up.

See, one swallow does make a summer......................
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

shedwebadmin 04 Sep 2017 10:33 am said..

Still a very good kicker from ground and hand, too

Shocking hair, but.. ;)
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
shedwebadmin
Site Admin

radioshed 04 Sep 2017 10:55 am said..

Don't knock the hair, as Rowan and Purdy seem to be copying.
I thought Atkinson had a great game and would keep him at 12 for now.
BTT has always been a great impact player, and always glad we have him to come on for the last 20 mins or so, especially if we are defending a lead.
radioshed
Senior squad member

Tump 04 Sep 2017 11:07 am said..

Good thread,
Billy gets a tremendous amount of flak and he was key in the winning try.
The conversion was a pretty excellent kick as well.
If he becomes super sub or regularly starts, he is still a key member of the squad and we are lucky to have him.
Maybe if we see him in a team full of confidence he will shrug off the weight of expectation that sometimes appears to be on his shoulders and show his true value to the club.
Tump
Senior squad member

plod 04 Sep 2017 11:18 am said..

I agree, he looked very keen, and was instrumental in our final try. A talented player, let’s hope we see that talent shine this season.
plod
Hero in the making

Baz 04 Sep 2017 11:21 am said..

He's a superb player to have on the bench and come on for 20 or so. He was involved maybe 5 or 6 times leading up to 'That Try'. If he can get the eye of Ackermann he may well get his place back. At the moment I think bench is best for him and us.

As I said on a thread a couple of weeks ago, Ackermann is well known for getting second chancers back to International level. Age may not be on his side but as I said on that thread, Billy T was the one most likely to benefit from JA's coaching. After Friday, I'm definitely throwing Balmain's name in to that category. Arguably the best tight head performance of the weekend and in prop terms still a young man.
Baz
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby