Twelvetrees

Re: Twelvetrees

Lord Lucan 05 Sep 2017 08:59 am said..

The crabbing started before the ball reached Hookie and seemed to carry on along the line, how senior international players and coaches couldn't resolve it is a mystery to me.
Lord Lucan
On the board

Chalker 05 Sep 2017 10:02 am said..

Lord Lucan wrote:The crabbing started before the ball reached Hookie and seemed to carry on along the line, how senior international players and coaches couldn't resolve it is a mystery to me.

Spot on LL, conversely the opposition senior international players and coaches found it easy to defend against us for that very reason.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

JC 05 Sep 2017 20:17 pm said..

Yet, when BT played alongside Freddie Burns, the crabbing problem within the back line was non-existent.

Not sure I'm buying that the crabbing problem started at 9, and Hook was also affected by this.

Burns leaves, Hook comes in, and Billy's game begins to suffer. And let's not forget, it's Hook's penchant for crabbing across that saw him lose favour at 10 with Gatland and also during his time at Perpignan, as he became their utility player, as he also did with us.
Posts: 309  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

Lord Lucan 05 Sep 2017 21:51 pm said..

JC wrote:Yet, when BT played alongside Freddie Burns, the crabbing problem within the back line was non-existent.

Not sure I'm buying that the crabbing problem started at 9, and Hook was also affected by this.

Burns leaves, Hook comes in, and Billy's game begins to suffer. And let's not forget, it's Hook's penchant for crabbing across that saw him lose favour at 10 with Gatland and also during his time at Perpignan, as he became their utility player, as he also did with us.

Burns didn't have a scrum half that took several steps towards him before passing, there were3 main culprits and that axis simply didn't work
Lord Lucan
On the board

RTS2 05 Sep 2017 22:40 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:
JC wrote:Yet, when BT played alongside Freddie Burns, the crabbing problem within the back line was non-existent.

Burns didn't have a scrum half that took several steps towards him before passing, there were3 main culprits and that axis simply didn't work

Oh yes the line dancers I remember . :)
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 15 Sep 2017 12:07 pm said..

Thanks to Sheddy McShedface to highlighting this article on the team for Tigers thread.

EVERY Gloucester supporter should read this...
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/15/billy-twelvetrees-gloucester-fond-memories-leicester
Last edited by Clive's Pants on 15 Sep 2017 13:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clive's Pants
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 15 Sep 2017 12:17 pm said..

You're welcome Clives Pants
Sheddy Mcshedface
Vice-Captain

NorthernShedHead 15 Sep 2017 12:37 pm said..

"It’s about having the confidence to go away and stick to our guns, even when we haven’t got the Shed behind us.”

I know we can't always offer rapturous support when things aren't going well but this has really got to me.... we should be behind the team all the time... especially when we're struggling
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 15 Sep 2017 12:56 pm said..

NorthernShedHead wrote:"It’s about having the confidence to go away and stick to our guns, even when we haven’t got the Shed behind us.”

I know we can't always offer rapturous support when things aren't going well but this has really got to me.... we should be behind the team all the time... especially when we're struggling

I think the point he is making is that when playing away they won't have the same level of support so they have to find it within themselves to raise their game not that the fans aren't getting behind the team.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Vice-Captain

NorthernShedHead 15 Sep 2017 13:00 pm said..

Fair point! Completely misread it!
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby