Twelvetrees

Re: Twelvetrees

Asgard 04 Sep 2017 11:23 am said..

For the last couple of seasons he had to deal with relatively slow ball whilst playing flat. He was constantly trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. For me he is a class player and I hope that he will soon feature in the centre although at present it appears that the big direct running style is the vogue.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

mjad 04 Sep 2017 11:24 am said..

He goes about his work quietly and doesn't do the overly flamboyant stuff others who get noticed do.

IIRC, not only did he provide the pass that put Woodward in, he also made the pass that got the move going forward
Regards
Michael
mjad
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 04 Sep 2017 11:25 am said..

The way that Ackerman's teams seem to finish matches, is he in the school of finishing XVs are as important as starting XVs?
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Hucclecote Glaws 04 Sep 2017 12:07 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:The way that Ackerman's teams seem to finish matches, is he in the school of finishing XVs are as important as starting XVs?

I would say that yes he is, which given our problems with closing out matches last season can only be a good thing.
Failure is not an option; it comes bundled with the software.
Hucclecote Glaws
On the board

torchy6 04 Sep 2017 14:15 pm said..

It is great to see Billy performing well again and getting the kudos too. Long may it continue.
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

isambardcat 04 Sep 2017 15:01 pm said..

Baz wrote:He's a superb player to have on the bench and come on for 20 or so. He was involved maybe 5 or 6 times leading up to 'That Try'. If he can get the eye of Ackermann he may well get his place back. At the moment I think bench is best for him and us.

As I said on a thread a couple of weeks ago, Ackermann is well known for getting second chancers back to International level. Age may not be on his side but as I said on that thread, Billy T was the one most likely to benefit from JA's coaching.

+1, spot on.
isambardcat
Vice-Captain

CMGC 04 Sep 2017 15:26 pm said..

If he gets his game together on past form he will soon be a certain starter at 12. Class player who has just been out of sorts for 12 months. For me Scott and Trider will end up fighting for the 13 shirt.
CMGC

BomberWells 04 Sep 2017 15:48 pm said..

Been out of sorts for a bit longer than 12 months.

So good to see our most naturally gifted back getting his confidence back. Could have a huge impact over the season if he's able to consistently play to the best of his abilities.
BomberWells
Academy prospect

JC 04 Sep 2017 21:17 pm said..

glawsrugbyfan wrote:Agree Stroud Wizard. For some reason, it never worked between 12Trees and Hook.
Hopefully, Williams at 10 and 12Tees at 12 will have better cohesion.

Finally, a sensible thread on BT.
For me, Hook's regular "crabbing" runs at 10 caused BT's problems and by extension the rest of the back line. Hook's time at Glos seemed a repeat of his Perpignan and Wales days, as he was seen more as a utility player than the fly-half spot he wanted to nail down. To be fair he's a talent, but not at 10.

Cue Nick...
Posts: 320  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

Jono026 05 Sep 2017 08:53 am said..

As mentioned Hooks 'crabbing' clogged up the centre space and therefore 36 ended up being the big hit man and hardly had the chance to move with ball out of contact. With BB it was a bit better but was rarely a tactical change.

Hopefully with JA playing a more hands on ball approach 36 will be back to his best and not just the big kid in the centre taking it to contact.
Jono026
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby