Quins V Glos OGT

Re: Quins V Glos OGT

Gloucester Mute 14 Sep 2017 10:03 am said..

So you actually meant second-hand !! ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 928  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
On the board

JC 14 Sep 2017 14:16 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:FWIW I believe Jonny will regret his decision - maybe not in the short term but certainly in the long term. And that is despite Leicester being, undoubtedly, the biggest club in England. :)

Couldn't agree more Leb. They aren't the force they were and are fading - have been for a while to be honest. I could've understood Johnny going to Wasps or Sarries, but Leicester left me perplexed.

Anyway, it is what it is, so best of luck to him and hopefully he'll return someday in the future.
Posts: 309  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

The Vic 14 Sep 2017 15:48 pm said..

So watched the game now. Firstly I can't stand Quins as a squad, i do at points think that one day Yarde, Brown, Marler and Sinckler are gonna get an almighty thump and they will only have their attitudes to blame, they cross the line to often. After 20 min we seem to lose energy, I thought some of the penalties given were a bit silly and there was a bit of inconsistency, particularly with the seatbelt tackle. I'd like to Slater to be captain at Leicester, I rate Hienz but he didn't manage the side or game well. In truth we just stopped playing after 20 min for some reason. No one really stood out as having a good game
The Vic
Hall of Famer

madders 14 Sep 2017 17:25 pm said..

Our kick chase was appalling, not once did the catcher come under any pressure and as a result, on at least one occasion, Quins ran in a try. To make matters worse, we were soooo bad Yarde almost looked good.
Just dumb.
Ironically Quins kick chase was superb and Woodward was getting man and ball.
Whatever JA said l hope those who were coasting get found out and dealt with. Quins are poor yet we forced them into winning.
madders
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 14 Sep 2017 17:42 pm said..

madders wrote:Our kick chase was appalling, not once did the catcher come under any pressure and as a result, on at least one occasion, Quins ran in a try. To make matters worse, we were soooo bad Yarde almost looked good.
Just dumb.
Whatever JA said l hope those who were coasting get found out and dealt with. Quins are poor yet we forced them into winning.

Combined with the kick quality. Heinz; too far, too low, too far infield, little opportunity for the chasers. Contrast with Care, accuracy with height, distance and field position = bloody nightmare for the catcher, happy days for the chaser. I've got no problem with a well executed kicking game, but Heinz executed poorly, a view echoed by JA.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Forest 14 Sep 2017 18:08 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:
madders wrote:Our kick chase was appalling, not once did the catcher come under any pressure and as a result, on at least one occasion, Quins ran in a try. To make matters worse, we were soooo bad Yarde almost looked good.
Just dumb.

Combined with the kick quality. Heinz; too far, too low, too far infield, little opportunity for the chasers. Contrast with Care, accuracy with height, distance and field position = bloody nightmare for the catcher, happy days for the chaser. I've got no problem with a well executed kicking game, but Heinz executed poorly, a view echoed by JA.

Tbf John Afoe knows a lot about kicking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forest
First team regular

Danno 14 Sep 2017 19:16 pm said..

I concur, Vic. Good analysis. I too, really dislike Quins. Lots of niggly 'professional' fouls and Glaws seemed to get rattled by it. I remember the capitulation at home last season, Glaws really struggled around the ruck and going forward because Quins were forever offside and literally flying in at the side.
Good luck to the boys at the weekend. It would be really good to see a reaction after last Saturday.
Danno
Turns out for the A team

Coveman 14 Sep 2017 19:46 pm said..

If Charlie is back on Saturday then half of our "kick-chase" will improve....
Coveman
Senior squad member
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby