Quins V Glos OGT

Re: Quins V Glos OGT

Mackemglaws 13 Sep 2017 10:04 am said..

Yay! The leg end returns!
Mackemglaws
Hall of Famer

Glaws 13 Sep 2017 10:52 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:I would remind readers that GRFC's close links with Hartpury College are as important, if not more important, than the GRFC Academy. Effectively they are one and the same.........

Whilst Hartpury continues to bring in players at 16 and/or 18 for further/higher education GRFC will continue to have a great conveyor belt on it's doorstep.

Whilst I agree mostly with that, there are also a lot of Hartpury College students that are already in other clubs academies around the country.
Glaws
Vice-Captain

Frazier 13 Sep 2017 14:17 pm said..

Sky blue wrote:
Longshanks wrote:Freddie Clarke - recently promoted from academy scored a try on Saturday

Lewis Ludlow - Academy graduate not so long ago who against the Chiefs topped the all time Aviva Prem tackle count for a single game

Ben Vellacott - controlled the game well in the closing stages to set up the win V Chiefs

Ollie Thorley - Started in both games this season, also an academy grad

I'm sure there are many other significant contributions that i have missed and there are others knocking on the door for sure.

I personally don't think that our academy is in such ill health as others would like us to believe

Plus...
Savage
Purdy (academy contract but actually straight into the first team squad - so may not count)
Brayley
Gareth Evans
Billy B
Trinder
Sharples
Lloyd Evans
Cameron Orr
Moriarty
It's around 35% of the squad.

If we can get that figure well over 50%, then you wont need so many hired guns.

More efficient from a salary cap perspective.
Frazier
Senior squad member

Leggers 13 Sep 2017 21:46 pm said..

Hearing JA, he's not a happy chap and I can't help but think his disapproval is against a couple of the starters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPX05AD7Rtw

Whilst the scrum itself looked bloody impressive for the first time i na while, the discipline in the lineout was a mess, backrow and centres were a mess. When the bench came on we looked a whole lot better.
Leggers
Turns out for the A team

DieTrying 13 Sep 2017 22:06 pm said..

Leggers wrote:Hearing JA, he's not a happy chap and I can't help but think his disapproval is against a couple of the starters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPX05AD7Rtw

Whilst the scrum itself looked bloody impressive for the first time i na while, the discipline in the lineout was a mess, backrow and centres were a mess. When the bench came on we looked a whole lot better.

Those comments were mild compared to what was said in the changing room after the game.
DieTrying

lovejoy 14 Sep 2017 06:11 am said..

Hi, did you hear this first hand?
lovejoy
Vice-Captain

hairyglaws 14 Sep 2017 07:12 am said..

Bloody marvellous to hear such honesty n straight talking, long long overdue.
No hiding place for non performance with this guy, just as it should be at top level
No passengers required ere!!! Love it
hairyglaws
Hero in the making

DieTrying 14 Sep 2017 07:48 am said..

lovejoy wrote:Hi, did you hear this first hand?

Yes.
DieTrying

Fat Taff 14 Sep 2017 08:36 am said..

Clearly not happy with the execution of the kicking game. One player clearly at fault, what will be the outcome?

Intrigued about DT's post. 'First hand' is in the changing room, 'second hand' is hearing from someone who was in the changing room. Do tell!
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 14 Sep 2017 08:50 am said..

I'll clarify: From someone who was in the changing room. Tbf, the individual did say the comments made were completely justified.
DieTrying
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby