Poor from Tigers...

Re: Poor from Tigers...

tigerburnie 12 Sep 2017 13:04 pm said..

We are missing a couple of first choices, but we really should be firing better than this, home advantage will hopefully save our blushes and show you how "poor or average" we are.....................................n't.
I know it's tongue in cheek wind up time, but Genge is a beast and Cole is still the gaffer at 3, we really are missing Slaters grunt in the tight, but Barrow is a better player long term I think(I'd have kept both if it were me). Back row is unsettled, not sure who plays where, but I'd like to see Tom Croft at 6 to get the lineout firing. Half backs are what they are, Englands starters and even without Manu we have some great backs, just need to supply them with more go forward ball. Have a safe journey up to Welford Road.
tigerburnie
Academy prospect

The Vic 12 Sep 2017 14:13 pm said..

tigerburnie wrote:We are missing a couple of first choices, but we really should be firing better than this, home advantage will hopefully save our blushes and show you how "poor or average" we are.....................................n't.
I know it's tongue in cheek wind up time, but Genge is a beast and Cole is still the gaffer at 3, we really are missing Slaters grunt in the tight, but Barrow is a better player long term I think(I'd have kept both if it were me). Back row is unsettled, not sure who plays where, but I'd like to see Tom Croft at 6 to get the lineout firing. Half backs are what they are, Englands starters and even without Manu we have some great backs, just need to supply them with more go forward ball. Have a safe journey up to Welford Road.

Was gonna say... I really rate tigers. Thought your scrum was outstanding on Saturday, I thought you would have tried to eek out few more penalties from it. Threads like this frustrate me, the league is incredibly tough and in truth there isn't much between teams other than deeper resources and what comes off the bench.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Sep 2017 14:33 pm said..

Strange how people see games differently.......vive la difference!

let's make it 3 out of 3 by 5 o'clock on satdee for them.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

tigerburnie 12 Sep 2017 17:42 pm said..

Ahhhh fighting talk from a person named after girls tea, more of a Vindaloo man maself.................................(not making any predictions till I've seen the team sheets, but hopefully we can't play that badly 3 games on the trot lol)
tigerburnie
Academy prospect

Glosser 12 Sep 2017 17:51 pm said..

Never fear Tigerburnie, Doctor Gloucester will be with you Saturday
Glosser
Turns out for the A team

Lebowski 12 Sep 2017 18:13 pm said..

Tigerburnie I suspect most Glos fans realise we will be underdogs and any points will be great. A couple of poor performances doesn't make a bad team. I am sure the bookies won't have us as favourites and they are never far off.
Lebowski

Jimbodini 12 Sep 2017 18:19 pm said..

This thread sums our fans up really. Complacent and sticking the boot into tigers before weve even played them! Setting ourselves up for a fall massively.

Can't see us getting anything at welford road- nothing against our current team in just never confident of us going there.

Hoping to see an improved performance from us regardless of the result. Its glos so u just never know!

Everyone needs to stay behind the team and Ackerman. He is the right man for the job. One win does not make a team and one defeat does not break it. This week will be a very tough game for us. Lets all get behind the lads and have our fingers crossed!
Jimbodini
Senior squad member

lucifer 12 Sep 2017 19:33 pm said..

We would struggle there with all our players fit, looking at those out I'm not anticipating anything from the game - but I'm hoping just the same.
lucifer
Vice-Captain

TP17 12 Sep 2017 22:26 pm said..

I agree Lucifer, the fact we just lost to Queens doesn't help my decreasesing optimisim, we will come away empty handed imo - would love to be proven wrong though! Can't see Leicester losing their 3rd game in a row, and 2nd home game :?
TP17
Vice-Captain

shawnsheep 13 Sep 2017 06:41 am said..

Betfair make it a 12 point game in favour of Tiggers.

My Tigger mate at work for the first time in years is not confident, so with lower odds may get a 16/18 point start which I I will take.
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby