Points of law

Points of law

plod 10 Sep 2017 18:04 pm said..

In the Worcs Wasps game today Le Roux threaded a kick through for others to chase; it went dead. The restart was a 22; why not a scrum to Worcs?

In the same game Hughes grabbed the collar of an attacker, should this not be a high tackle?
plod
Hero in the making

Re: Points of law

Asgard 10 Sep 2017 18:08 pm said..

The restart position is the other team's choice.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

plod 10 Sep 2017 18:15 pm said..

OK, their scrum was under pressure a bit.
plod
Hero in the making

Sky blue 10 Sep 2017 18:16 pm said..

I think the ref made a mistake with the collar grab.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 10 Sep 2017 18:41 pm said..

The scrum was under pressure because Schonert went off after one minute with a broken ankle and in the second period we had a loosehead playing at tighthead.
Foley gave his usual performance but Wuss only have themselves to blame for not getting at least a LBP.
A tough old season , Exeter in 5 days and I think we only have three fully fit props. Heathcote with another HIA and none of our injured to be back for the game . Hey Ho.
ROLLO
Hero in the making

plod 10 Sep 2017 20:26 pm said..

I thought your performance merited a LBP too.
plod
Hero in the making

TP17 10 Sep 2017 22:56 pm said..

The typical slowing down of the game from Wasps was really getting on my nerves, ruined the match at times - bringing on the medics and water at any break in play to stop the momentum, even when players were clearly not injured. Can't believe it is still allowed to happen.
TP17
Vice-Captain

Porky 11 Sep 2017 07:14 am said..

In the lead up to Wasps second try (Le Roux?), I am sure a Wasps player cleared a Wuss player from the ruck by neck roll but nothing given.

Narrow margins again.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hero in the making

Oldprop 11 Sep 2017 09:34 am said..

ROLLO wrote:The scrum was under pressure because Schonert went off after one minute with a broken ankle and in the second period we had a loosehead playing at tighthead.
Foley gave his usual performance but Wuss only have themselves to blame for not getting at least a LBP.
A tough old season , Exeter in 5 days and I think we only have three fully fit props. Heathcote with another HIA and none of our injured to be back for the game . Hey Ho.

I have to say that the loosehead who moved across impressed me. He stopped the rot at the scrum.
Oldprop
On the board

ROLLO 11 Sep 2017 09:48 am said..

That's Ryan Bower Oldprop came from Tigers as a 22 year old and has really worked at his game. He has captained the Cav's and in my view is very much an unsung hero, not seen him at tighthead before. Alo who he replaced is a very young lad who is good in the loose but does struggle in the scrum.
Eddie Jones was at Sixways for the second game running , shame that Nick didn't get a chance to impress but Singleton will have done himself no harm.
Agree TP17 about Wasps slowing the game down, puzzling as surely they are better with high temp approach? Perhaps they didn't want Wuss to get momentum?
ROLLO
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby