Away game preperation

Re: Away game preperation

covglaws 12 Sep 2017 10:46 am said..

Wolves Biffo wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:I don't think a 2-2.5 hour journey will worry our new coach!!

Yes but does JA run on diesel, petrol or maybe hybrid?

I thought GS was implying that Bennett's had invested in a new vehicle. :D
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 938  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
On the board

upton dc 12 Sep 2017 11:29 am said..

JA needs to get inside the heads of his players. For what now seems eons, Gloucester have not been able to psyche theirselves up for an away game. The worrying thing over the past 2 seasons is that they also struggled psychologically with home games, almost expecting to lose but hoping to win. First of all JA needs to motivate and ensure the team wins all its home games this season and turn Kingsholm back into a fortress. The next priority is to sort out the team's discipline away from home and to ensure we obtain at least a losing bonus point where possible. Oh yes, and the re-starts......
Panache et Precision
upton dc
Hero in the making

Gb83 12 Sep 2017 11:32 am said..

upton dc wrote:JA needs to get inside the heads of his players. For what now seems eons, Gloucester have not been able to psyche theirselves up for an away game. The worrying thing over the past 2 seasons is that they also struggled psychologically with home games, almost expecting to lose but hoping to win. First of all JA needs to motivate and ensure the team wins all its home games this season and turn Kingsholm back into a fortress. The next priority is to sort out the team's discipline away from home and to ensure we obtain at least a losing bonus point where possible. Oh yes, and the re-starts......

The attitude definitely has to change, I think a major driver for this was our lack of strength in depth, the players, fans etc all new that once we needed to make changes the opposition would get their tales up.

Their is still the psychological barriers still to get over but I think the improved strength in depth will help hugely.
Gb83
Senior squad member

madders 12 Sep 2017 11:42 am said..

Surely at some point before the match Tommy Lee Jones walks into the changing room, gets their attention an shines a bright light into their eyes.......
madders
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby