Away game preperation

Re: Away game preperation

Diamo 11 Sep 2017 19:33 pm said..

So where do teams visiting Glos stay?
Not that I'm suggesting any potentially anti-social behaviour of course! 8-)
Posts: 531  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

Snevets49 11 Sep 2017 19:44 pm said..

Diamo wrote:So where do teams visiting Glos stay?
Not that I'm suggesting any potentially anti-social behaviour of course! 8-)

Not sure about this season but several have previously stayed at Hilton Puckrup near Tewkesbury.

Even Sarries A team stay there.

(individual suites of course......)

Wasps and Sale also.
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Tj36 11 Sep 2017 19:50 pm said..

Away teams stay at the Moat hotel in Brockworth. It is the only RFU accredited in Gloucestershire, I am led to believe.
England U20's regularly stay here and there are often prem referees staying.

I've been fortunate enough to meet most of the premier teams. During the World Cup, Argentina, Tonga & Japan stayed there.
Japan were there the night they beat South Africa, they all came into the sauna and chatted away, Eddie Jones was with them and mixed in. An absolute top, top bloke.
Tj36
Senior squad member

covglaws 11 Sep 2017 19:58 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:I may be wrong but I am fairly sure we even do it when playing Wuss.

In contrast in Rugby League, where there is much less money, all Super League teams fly to Perpignan and back in the same day when they play Catalan!

You'd think that they could push the boat out for that one, after all the other away games are a quick jaunt along the M62 :D
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 938  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
On the board

Whos bad 11 Sep 2017 20:31 pm said..

Moat hotel?

Is that what is now called the Cheltenham Chase Hotel?
Whos bad
Vice-Captain

Tj36 11 Sep 2017 20:57 pm said..

Yes Chase Hotel, still referred to as the Moat by locals.
Tj36
Senior squad member

Chalker 11 Sep 2017 20:58 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
Lebowski wrote:I may be wrong but I am fairly sure we even do it when playing Wuss.

In contrast in Rugby League, where there is much less money, all Super League teams fly to Perpignan and back in the same day when they play Catalan!

You'd think that they could push the boat out for that one, after all the other away games are a quick jaunt along the M62 :D

Post of the day Cov, very good.
Chalker
On the board

Glen Sannox 11 Sep 2017 21:45 pm said..

I don't think a 2-2.5 hour journey will worry our new coach!!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Smyler 11 Sep 2017 22:29 pm said..

I recall an interview with Nigel Melville on this subject, although I think it mainly referred to playing Bath at the Rec. He said they'd tried all manner of different accomodation/travel permutations but they didn't seem to make any difference.

We're all frustrated about Saturday for obvious reasons. Some are trying to explain it by looking at match preparation, others have talked about selection or the absence of a number of first choice starters, but for me that's missing the point.

I know it's not what people want to read, but the best explanation I've seen is the one put forward by ALT; this is what Gloucester do. It maybe that Ackerman is able to bring about cultural change that will, in time, enable us to move beyond this, but sadly there's no quick fix.
Smyler
Senior squad member

Wolves Biffo 12 Sep 2017 09:22 am said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I don't think a 2-2.5 hour journey will worry our new coach!!

Yes but does JA run on diesel, petrol or maybe hybrid?
Wolves Biffo
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby