Tigger Officials

Re: Tigger Officials

Castle Grim Reaper 13 Sep 2017 11:55 am said..

Asgard wrote:So what's wrong with these refs? Do they make incorrect decisions? Are they biased? Are the referee assessors who attend to supervise the appointed referee ignorant of the laws? Are they biased?
Are the videos of the games doctored before they are scrutinised at Twickenham by the other referees and Referee manager?
Is this continued criticism of referees worthy of web space?

Firstly, I don't think web space is in short supply and there are certainly less worthy things using it. After that I cannot answer any of your questions which is quite likely the problem.

I rather like the idea of Premier League Football where they have a referee on the commentary team who analyses decisions, states whether he thinks they are right or wrong et cetera.

To quote a rugby example, when Garner gave the penalty right at the end for Northampton that cost us the win he stated that it was for a push in the line-out. I have watched it a few times and there was no contact whatsoever. Without any explanation, I will query that one to my dying day.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Sep 2017 12:19 pm said..

He's a referee...as everyone knows which is why he was born so beautiful.
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." .....John Lennon
King Prawn Bhuna

Sky blue 13 Sep 2017 12:20 pm said..

The referees make 100s of decisions every game. Of course they get some clearly wrong.

Many more are matters of opinion/interpretation. This is, in my view, why fans rarely give a valid opinion on the ref's performance. The decision could be given either way and be correct. Opposing fans' forums after a game often say the ref was biased against their team.

It seems to me that the players always make more mistakes than the ref and therefore the club and ourselves would do better to focus on that. And to be fair the club does.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Asgard 13 Sep 2017 14:24 pm said..

Sanity!
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Manylayers 13 Sep 2017 22:22 pm said..

A sanity clause at last!
Manylayers
First team regular