Sinners v Barf

Re: Sinners v Barf

Marble Eye 15 Sep 2017 21:05 pm said..

Not touchy at all. Just putting you straight. I'll agree with the second bit of your last comment, though.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

CMGC 15 Sep 2017 21:54 pm said..

Well for me Saints played well tonight. Lots of energy and go forward and some nice handling and pace. Ok they made quite a few errors but their energy was way ahead of Barf. Lawes and Burrel showed some ticker and whilst I unsure about Mallinder they deserved the win.
CMGC

Genesis 15 Sep 2017 22:15 pm said..

No surprise Saints won at home.

Let's be realistic. We don't deserve to be top six yet.

We have had one lucky win (thanks to ref) at home and then capitulated at Quins.

Ackerman needs at least 6 games to start making a difference.

No expectation for Tiggers game, just want to see improvement.

Fingers crossed for improvement.
Genesis
Senior squad member

Tump 16 Sep 2017 00:14 am said..

One lucky win ?
We Gloucester folk have a very odd mindset.
Tump
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 16 Sep 2017 06:24 am said..

Well you've got me pumped up for today's win genesis. Didn't realise playing hard to the final whistle and having composure to convert a try scoring chance in the 81st minute was luck!

If we're judging our worthiness to finish top 6 on just 2 games then good luck to Leicester in their relegation battle this year!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Senior squad member

grunter 16 Sep 2017 07:32 am said..

Genesis wrote:No surprise Saints won at home.

Let's be realistic. We don't deserve to be top six yet.

We have had one lucky win (thanks to ref) at home and then capitulated at Quins.

Ackerman needs at least 6 games to start making a difference.

No expectation for Tiggers game, just want to see improvement.

Fingers crossed for improvement.

Top six Genesis? Let's go with the facts, we're in our usual position of 9th and will be 10th should we lose at Welford Road later. Much hype around Ackermann, and probably rightly so judging by his recent record in Super Rugby, but there is much hard work to be done and we may not see much in the way of improved league position this season IMO.
grunter
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 16 Sep 2017 07:48 am said..

Last year we finished 6 points behind 6th place with 8 losing bonus points. Is it really so hard to envisage us converting a few of those chances into wins and climbing the table?

I know it's the hope that kills a man but it surely a bit if optimism after just two games wouldn't hurt!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Senior squad member

tigerburnie 16 Sep 2017 09:03 am said..

I think Glaws are in a better place this season and win, lose or draw today, I fancy you'll be alright.
tigerburnie
Academy prospect

Baz 16 Sep 2017 09:27 am said..

One bonus point home game against the champions and two tough away games and suddenly doom and gloom is back. Only because a couple of sides have won their home games. We haven't even played Leicester yet and some are talking about 'Where we are' in the league.

It's game day but you wouldn't believe it. I guess you are either positive or negative as a person but surely even the most negative person realises it's only the 3rd match of the season?
Baz
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby