Ludlow the tackling machine

Ludlow the tackling machine

RTS2 20 Sep 2017 17:01 pm said..

Top of the Premiership table for tackles this season to date; with 59 from 66 attempted. Pretty impressive work rate.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Ludlow the tackling machine

GlawsyD 20 Sep 2017 17:14 pm said..

Not wishing to be negative, but the more tackles a team makes/attempts, is an indication that the opposition have the ball and you cannot score!
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

RTS2 20 Sep 2017 17:21 pm said..

Interesting stats for Sione Kalamafoni carries (53) 2nd place; tackles ( 46) 2nd place and off loads (7) 3rd place.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 20 Sep 2017 17:24 pm said..

That's an 89.4% success rate for Ludlow = impressive.

However, I do take GlawsyD's point. Let's retain the ball better, with much fewer turnovers conceded, and force the opposition to have to tackle our players.
Ken Burney
On the board

lucifer 20 Sep 2017 17:25 pm said..

I thought he missed quite a few last week esp 2nd half, is that reflected in the stats or am I mistaken?
lucifer
Vice-Captain

RTS2 20 Sep 2017 17:51 pm said..

lucifer wrote:I thought he missed quite a few last week esp 2nd half, is that reflected in the stats or am I mistaken?

Yes that's certainly reflected in the stats. Needs a 100 % tackle-count on Friday to pull the %'s back up again ! ;) :)
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Chalker 20 Sep 2017 19:27 pm said..

A very impressive player indeed, but I do hope that GR do not use it as an excuse to take the cash for RM.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

TOBIAS 20 Sep 2017 21:06 pm said..

K wasn t at level for us over past few seasons change good as a rest. Seems previous coaches didn t fancy both K`s albeit big K had a few injuries
Posts: 415  Location: Kings Stanley weekends Oxford (practice) Mon - Thurs
TOBIAS
Vice-Captain

TOBIAS 20 Sep 2017 21:12 pm said..

Chalker I bet they will helps to shore up ailing finances. Methinks what the club miss is the fact if they got a winning side at home the crowds would sell CG out and the spin offs with ale and grub would follow ie more fans more cash therefore no need to off load players. Bit of a circle I know but if things on the pitch were good the rest would fall into place
Posts: 415  Location: Kings Stanley weekends Oxford (practice) Mon - Thurs
TOBIAS
Vice-Captain

Forrester 21 Sep 2017 06:24 am said..

TOBIAS wrote:K wasn t at level for us over past few seasons change good as a rest. Seems previous coaches didn t fancy both K`s albeit big K had a few injuries

I've seen all of Tigers matches so far and while he's carried a lot of ball, most of it has been pretty ineffective. He's a hard working player but I wouldn't swap him back for any of our current squad.
Forrester
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby