Sirs for Saturday

Re: Sirs for Saturday

covglaws 04 Oct 2017 20:33 pm said..

Still Realistic wrote:
GammoGlos wrote:
King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Local boy gets 2 home games running...people will talk ;)

Maybe the RFU are cutting down on travel.

I agree, the ref link thing is great and it cuts down a lot of frustration, perhaps they can buy a massive one and fit it in the shed.

If they were cutting down on travel he would do all of Quins home games as he lives just around the corner!

Staying with Mummy is still cheaper than a hotel.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1013  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 05 Oct 2017 07:22 am said..

Anybody else watch the Racing-Lyon game? My goodness some of the officials in the world's richest league are dubious!

For those who didn't see it a Racing player ran through a gap created by the ref obstructing the Lyon tackler and scored under the posts! The pass was also probably forward and came from a ruck at which Racing entered from the side. The ref couldn't see it as he was on the ground in a heap with two would-be Lyon tacklers but the TMO said it was fine! Ref didn't look at the replay because the TMO said there was no problem! Absolutely mind boggling.
Lebowski

King Prawn Bhuna 08 Oct 2017 11:33 am said..

Fortress Wayne Barnes......100% record with him this season :D :D :D
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Asgard 08 Oct 2017 11:55 am said..

Interesting to note that WB did not call maul when choke tackles occurred yesterday - when would be maul hit the deck he called tackle
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 08 Oct 2017 12:33 pm said..

I noticed that as well Asgard, if more referees start doing that, it will remove choke tackles from the game. No bad thing IMO.
Failure is not an option; it comes bundled with the software.
Hucclecote Glaws
On the board

Lurker 08 Oct 2017 15:00 pm said..

Does it not depend how long they keep the man up? I thought the passage of each play to keep the player up didn't last that long thus no scrum to defending team.
Lurker
On the board

Asgard 08 Oct 2017 15:43 pm said..

There begs the question, Lurker. The law (17) states a maul begins when a player carrying the ball is held by one or more opponents, and one or more of the ball carrier’s team mates bind on the ball carrier.
That happened on every occasion but WB did not call it a maul and waited until they went to ground when he called tackle. He was consistent with both teams.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

CWB1 08 Oct 2017 17:05 pm said..

Does anyone know how/why Saints avoided a yellow card yesterday? First a challenge in the air, with WB shouting "not a yellow" immediately, then a very high tackle a few minutes later. There was no indication on ref link why he choose to ignore these offenses, and they didn't show them on the extended highlights I watched.
CWB1
First team regular

Porky 09 Oct 2017 07:12 am said..

I thought Wayne Barnes was superb on Saturday. OK, you could argue for a yellow for taking out in the air and Francis "garotting" Trinder but we got away with almost the same without even a penalty.

Barnes lets the game flow and is constantly talking to the players, even the one who called him a cheat in the past. Helped make the game a spectacle.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hero in the making
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby