Sirs for Saturday

RTS2 03 Oct 2017 19:07 pm said..

Referee: Wayne Barnes

Assistant Referees: Hamish Smales & Jonathan Healy. TMO: Geoff Warren
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Sirs for Saturday

Manylayers 03 Oct 2017 21:54 pm said..

No excuses then. One of top 3 refs in the world.
Manylayers
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 04 Oct 2017 07:59 am said..

Local boy gets 2 home games running...people will talk ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

isambardcat 04 Oct 2017 09:16 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Local boy gets 2 home games running...people will talk ;)

Well, Sir certainly will! And I found that his running commentary last time pretty well justified investing in one of those Reflink boxes so I'm glad to see him back.
isambardcat
Vice-Captain

GammoGlos 04 Oct 2017 10:09 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Local boy gets 2 home games running...people will talk ;)

Maybe the RFU are cutting down on travel.

I agree, the ref link thing is great and it cuts down a lot of frustration, perhaps they can buy a massive one and fit it in the shed.
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain

Phill 04 Oct 2017 10:11 am said..

GammoGlos wrote:

I agree, the ref link thing is great and it cuts down a lot of frustration, perhaps they can buy a massive one and fit it in the shed.

It would still be drowned out by the banshee!
Phill
Senior squad member

covglaws 04 Oct 2017 11:16 am said..

A better idea would be, to do what they do at Welford Road and post the refs decisions up on the big screen. Can't understand why nowhere else does this.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1013  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

MattChelt 04 Oct 2017 15:04 pm said..

It is a frustration that when watching live at the ground, if the ref goes to the TMO you don't know what he's asked for, whereas if you're watching on TV you hear the conversation between the officials, and the broadcaster usually puts a caption up to confirm the question/s asked.

So why can't the captions be shown on the big screens at the ground, so that everybody in the stadium can see what the TMO has been asked to look at?
MattChelt
Senior squad member

Marble Eye 04 Oct 2017 15:26 pm said..

Some good suggestions. Please forward to Stephen Vaughan so that they can be implemented.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 04 Oct 2017 17:37 pm said..

GammoGlos wrote:

If they were cutting down on travel he would do all of Quins home games as he lives just around the corner!
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby