Trinder

Re: Trinder

Pagan 07 Oct 2017 20:07 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:I said after the game that if he played for Harlequins he would be in the England picture. A shame the BT cameras weren't there to see that display today.

Against Worcester he tried to do too much on occasion and got it wrong, but that is part of JA's 'playing without fear' philosophy. Mistakes will happen. I think someone like Trinder will absolutely thrive under JA.

I think his injury record has counted against more than which club he plays for and he hasn't been the most robust defender.

He was immense today so hopefully he stays fit for the remainder of this season by which time there's a chance he'll be on the national radar.
Pagan
Turns out for the A team

Phil 07 Oct 2017 22:19 pm said..

Call me selfish (in fact call me anything except late for dinner) but I hope our Henry gets overlooked by the national selectors.
They're bound to send him back 'broken'!
Phil
Turns out for the A team

Still Realistic 07 Oct 2017 22:19 pm said..

The great thing is that Trinder hasn't just got fit but has been fit for a while and actually had a full pre season. All the extra strapping on the legs has gone and he really has got his pace and acceleration back. The similarities with Sinbad are valid and it was great to hear Sinbad on 5 Live this afternoon before the game talking about him and all things Glaws.

NB on 5 Live there was a discussion about the Prem injury problems and much as in pains me to admit it I mostly agreed with Jerry Guscott abut the NH collision culture rather than looking for space.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 07 Oct 2017 22:39 pm said..

Still Realistic wrote:The great thing is that Trinder hasn't just got fit but has been fit for a while and actually had a full pre season. All the extra strapping on the legs has gone and he really has got his pace and acceleration back. The similarities with Sinbad are valid and it was great to hear Sinbad on 5 Live this afternoon before the game talking about him and all things Glaws.

NB on 5 Live there was a discussion about the Prem injury problems and much as in pains me to admit it I mostly agreed with Jerry Guscott abut the NH collision culture rather than looking for space.

SH: Rugby is played with a ball.
NH: Rugby is played with Gym equipment.
DieTrying

mjad 08 Oct 2017 06:28 am said..

Still Realistic wrote:The great thing is that Trinder hasn't just got fit but has been fit for a while and actually had a full pre season. All the extra strapping on the legs has gone and he really has got his pace and acceleration back. The similarities with Sinbad are valid and it was great to hear Sinbad on 5 Live this afternoon before the game talking about him and all things Glaws.

This morning, the 5 Live sports news include an interview with him about his England chances (which he plays down)
Regards
Michael
mjad
Vice-Captain

hairyglaws 08 Oct 2017 07:38 am said..

Was always the boy,just pesky injuries as said.
First time I have seen him play without strapping for years,obviously in good nick,good on im
hairyglaws
Hero in the making

upton dc 08 Oct 2017 08:28 am said..

I predicted here on Shedweb some 7 years ago that Trinder would play for England one day. Unfortunately those nasty injuries delayed the selection process. Although he has played once for the national team, albeit an un-capped honour, he really deserves another look from Eddie Jones and his coaching staff. If he is able to stay injury free between now and Christmas, perhaps Eddie will offer him a wild card entry into his training squad for the 6N. In terms of natural ability, vision, pace and rugby nous he is up there with the current best. I think his star is shining brighter right now as he hasn’t got Jonny May on his outside. As a result he probably feels he needs to do a little more himself and he clearly has his confidence back to do so. I see Jonny now has 6 tries from 6 games but he would undoubtedly have the same stat with Henry playing inside him. He reminds me of a young Jerry Guscott and comparisons with a certain JSD are not wide of the mark.
Panache et Precision
upton dc
Hero in the making

Chalker 08 Oct 2017 10:54 am said..

No need for the Millwall Syndrome, Henry is well and truly on Eddie's radar.
Chalker
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby