pau v glos

Re: pau v glos

Lebowski 10 Oct 2017 18:45 pm said..

No LL he's not, hence my confident statement. :D
Lebowski

Lord Lucan 10 Oct 2017 18:56 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:No LL he's not, hence my confident statement. :D

I think we have until midday tomorrow to make changes to the squad.
Lord Lucan
Hero in the making

Legendoft'Autostrada 10 Oct 2017 21:50 pm said..

Read earlier that Charlie Beckett had been added to the squad in place of Lloyd Evans so he could be playing!!!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

RTS2 10 Oct 2017 22:00 pm said..

Would love to have travelled but we are launching two new businesses this month and travelling would have been too much.

Will watch OGT and Sky.

Safe journey to all those leaving today/tomorrow or even on the day !

Come on Glaws !!!
RTS2
Hall of Famer

atticus 10 Oct 2017 22:58 pm said..

spanish exile wrote:Anyone know if that Pau squad is a good one & first choice??

I make it that 12 of the 23 that were in their squad last week are named in this one. Seems like they are taking it reasonably seriously.
atticus
Turns out for the A team

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Oct 2017 07:21 am said..

atticus wrote:
spanish exile wrote:Anyone know if that Pau squad is a good one & first choice??

I make it that 12 of the 23 that were in their squad last week are named in this one. Seems like they are taking it reasonably seriously.

If that is correct and assuming they had virtually their full squad out for their W in Oyannax, to only keep half of the squad implies that they have made major changes for the match...either beefing up the squad (unlikely for a french team in the second tier competition) or resting players....hope it's the latter. COG.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

madders 11 Oct 2017 07:51 am said..

After such a good display against Saints and the toll it took with Thrush and Slater likely to be out and all our injury woes, especially with Barf away looming, l hope JA rests players and gives opportunities to the rest of the squad.
This tournament is meaningless and a result at the Rec more important.
madders
Hall of Famer

CMGC 11 Oct 2017 08:03 am said..

I'm sure JA would have rotated a fair bit in an ideal world. However I don't think there is a " rest of the squad " at the moment. Those not in the playing 23 are almost all in the sick bay.
CMGC

Ignatov 11 Oct 2017 08:05 am said..

madders wrote:After such a good display against Saints and the toll it took with Thrush and Slater likely to be out and all our injury woes, especially with Barf away looming, l hope JA rests players and gives opportunities to the rest of the squad.
This tournament is meaningless and a result at the Rec more important.

Whether it is meaningless depends on your views as to our best route to the Champions Cup. Finishing in the top 6 of the Premiership is clearly top priority but the Challenge Cup does offer an alternative in that the final place in the Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the Challenge Cup losing semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner.
Ignatov
First team regular

lucifer 11 Oct 2017 08:28 am said..

We ALWAYS change the team about for this stage of the competition. Expect, as usual, to see a combination of regular squad players with one or two 'new' faces. What you won't see is last Saturdays side in full or the last 'A' team line up. It's certainly not a meaningless competition but finishing in the top 6 is the priority. It is always useful to have an alternative route to the HC if the first one goes txts up.
lucifer
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby