Wuss soap opera

Wuss soap opera

ROLLO 10 Oct 2017 07:24 am said..

If anyone is interested in the ins and outs of rugby club ownership these days Edward Griffiths has posted on the Wuss site that he will answer any questions posed to him within a few hours. He is noted for his out of the box thinking.
I am unsure why he has done this unless he wishes to put pressure on the board to re-open talks with his consortium, this after VanVeltz comments in this weeks Rugby Paper.
ROLLO
Hero in the making

Re: Wuss soap opera

King Prawn Bhuna 10 Oct 2017 07:31 am said..

Sounding like he's after public opinion on his side, perhaps playing the blame game on the current board and Bolsover with no apparent progress on the sale since he kicked him out?
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

ROLLO 10 Oct 2017 07:36 am said..

Brexit has nothing on this does it? :lol:
ROLLO
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 10 Oct 2017 08:06 am said..

Starring Edward Griffiths as Nigel Farage.... :lol:
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Snevets49 10 Oct 2017 19:47 pm said..

Paddy Anson will leave his role as head of athletic performance at Worcester Warriors to join the English Institute of Sport.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/wr ... on_s_exit/
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

RTS2 10 Oct 2017 21:44 pm said..

Its certainly a bit of a soap opera Rollo ! :)

I do feel sorry for the loyal supporters up there. It must be a bit of a worry o say the least !.

Are they going to develop the site ?. I know some supporters have called for the land to be sold at one end of the ground for a hotel development but realistically will this solve the real issues ?.

What are your thoughts about the future of Worcester Rugby and even allowing for the asset value of the ground etc; who is going to steer the ship into safer waters?.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Simmo468 10 Oct 2017 22:02 pm said..

Rugby inside line tweeted

"BREAKING: Talk going around this evening that Worcester Warriors are on the brink of administration."
Simmo468
On the board

RTS2 10 Oct 2017 22:06 pm said..

Simmo468 wrote:Rugby inside line tweeted

"BREAKING: Talk going around this evening that Worcester Warriors are on the brink of administration."

Wow....if this is correct then the implications could have significant knock-on's. £15m debt right-off ...or part ?. Whoever buys the club could get a bargain asset. I don't know enough about the clubs assets and if they are somehow ring-fenced ?. Doubt it as collateral would surely have been required for some of the debts-surely ?. Rollo ?.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 11 Oct 2017 06:55 am said..

Sounding more and more as though MSQ wasn't being sensational at all - just truthful and realistic.
Lebowski

ROLLO 11 Oct 2017 07:37 am said..

The tweet about administration has been retracted, I don't know what some folk are on.
Edward Griffiths has posted a very detailed set of answers to every question posed , including my own and makes interesting reading .
Whatever happens there will be a Worcester Rugby club . The amateur club now have their own ground and club house over the road from Sixways, thanks to the generosity of the Allen family and are in the same division and basic position that they were when CD started his investment. Worcester Warriors the professional club/business are sitting on a 50 acre owned site next to the M5 and a no debt balance sheet. I would say that if we can get the right rugby and business people in the future can look very bright.
ROLLO
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby