Team news and live blog: How to get involved

Team news and live blog: How to get involved

Citizen Rob 11 Oct 2017 09:04 am said..

Today's blog looking ahead to the team announcements and other updates is up and running: http://bit.ly/GlawsPauTeamBlog

I'd like to hear from any fans who'd like to share their views and we can add it to the blog. You can send your thoughts over Facebook to www.facebook.com/GlosLiveRugby/ or to Gloucester Rugby writer Rob Iles on Twitter to @robsportstwit or email robert.iles@localworld.co.uk

We'll also have our result of the fans' poll in about an hour.

Cheers,

Rob
Citizen Rob
First team regular

Re: Team news and live blog: How to get involved

Biffo 11 Oct 2017 12:03 pm said..

Another post asking for Shedwebbers to do the journo's work for him
Biffo
Hero in the making

Johnmc82 11 Oct 2017 12:13 pm said..

Fair play Biffo I have no idea why you felt it necessary to pass a comment.

Are the guys at Citizen and TiG or whatever it is called now perfect? No. However, from what I can see they just wanted some views on the team selection and the blog as far as I can see from this one. I really don;t see what the problem is here. He is not trying to pinch transfer rumours etc he is just asking for some opinions via their website. No harm in that.

I don't post on here very often now because there is so much negativity but I couldn't let this one go as I feel it was very harsh. Whether you choose to engage in their blog about team selection is up to you but at least they are trying to engage the fans!
Johnmc82
Senior squad member

Glaws 11 Oct 2017 12:23 pm said..

Johnmc82 wrote:Fair play Biffo I have no idea why you felt it necessary to pass a comment.

Are the guys at Citizen and TiG or whatever it is called now perfect? No. However, from what I can see they just wanted some views on the team selection and the blog as far as I can see from this one. I really don;t see what the problem is here. He is not trying to pinch transfer rumours etc he is just asking for some opinions via their website. No harm in that.

I don't post on here very often now because there is so much negativity but I couldn't let this one go as I feel it was very harsh. Whether you choose to engage in their blog about team selection is up to you but at least they are trying to engage the fans!

Take a look at his comment in the season stats thread...

It's funny, people complain that the journalism is poor for Gloucester etc so when a young journalist tries to engage with the fans etc to create interest for the club, he gets shot down.
A journalist....getting his and other people's opinions on things and then writing about them..... SHOCKING!!!
Glaws
Vice-Captain

Glosloneranger 11 Oct 2017 12:26 pm said..

+1 Completely agree John. Both Rob and Ellis have come under nasty/pointed criticism on here for merely providing news, up to you if you click it, if you don't want to, then don't....quite easy.

I myself have found two articles posted by Glosnews on here recently that provided me with information that I had not seen here on Shedweb prior to that.
Glosloneranger
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Oct 2017 12:58 pm said..

Sorry. I don't agree after the two disgraceful pieces that were posted after the Sale game...the were just designed to inflame and get a reaction...if I'm not mistaken to put into a subsequent article. My opinion and not asking anyone else to join in or convince anyone else otherwise.

I don't click on the links any more , I just ignore them, suggest others do the same if they think the same way .
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

glawsrugbyfan 11 Oct 2017 13:07 pm said..

I've been critical of The Citizen turning round other people's stories, but given the demise of the printed paper, I think we should cut them some slack right now.
They must be trying to work out the impact of having a weekly, not nightly paper to produce....as well as the online stuff (which I accept is a nightmare to use, with all the pop-ups).
glawsrugbyfan
Vice-Captain

torchy6 11 Oct 2017 13:41 pm said..

Being so far away I like to read the info provided by these journos and often get new information from this source. As others have said, don't read it if you don't like it. (and Adblocker takes care of the popups)
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

Diamo 11 Oct 2017 13:46 pm said..

Yes Torchy, agree, and I will visit their website (with Adblocker) if I want to, but I do have sympathy for KPB's views here.
To be fair though, there's also a difference in the way that Citizen Rob goes about posting, and Ellis Lane.

With CR, the clue is in the name, and he introduces the link, the reason and then asks for input. I have no problem with that, him being open about it and offering the chance to 'interact' with the players in media sessions etc (just wish that after those interviews that he'd post the video/link on here as there have been numerous times I've not been able to find it on their website and if they are not going to publish it, it's not worth bothering).

Mr Lane however has just pasted links to articles (some sensationalist) which simply seem like an attempt to increase webclicks on his work. And the timing after the Sale game was a bit raw as well, like it was rubbing salt in the wound - I actually thought he was a Sale troll at first! No need to be like that, just be open and Shedweb will be a lot more friendly.

What I really wouldn't want to see is for the forum to turn into the mouthpiece of the Citizen with them posting all their rugby articles on here, stifling regular debate among fans.
Posts: 558  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

Wolves Biffo 11 Oct 2017 19:16 pm said..

As a life-long Biffo, but up in the West Midlands, I'm happy to read the Citizen stuff. Maybe not quite as good as the bloke down the pub in Glos, but better than the equivalent up here! Any initiatives they are trying out is OK and welcome in my book.
Wolves Biffo
First team regular
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby