Team's up

Re: Team's up

Oxford Glaws 11 Oct 2017 11:16 am said..

Much stronger side than I had anticipated.

Interesting to see Braley preferred to Vellacott in the absence of Heinz - perhaps this is to prevent him from becoming disaffected. The wingers remain a worry.

Halaifonua has not performed this season and Purdy's defence wasn't the best last Saturday. But it seems we have no other choice. Presumably, Atkinson will move out to the wing if there is an injury to be replaced by Trinder.

Well done to all the travelling support. May your hangovers be gentle ones.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Mark from Stroud 11 Oct 2017 11:19 am said..

And Pau:

Mark from Stroud
Vice-Captain

GammoGlos 11 Oct 2017 11:22 am said..

Not many frechmen in that lineup. For a moment I thought we were playing an Irish province
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Oct 2017 11:24 am said..

Seem to attract all black pension pot top up players Halai, Slade with Conrad Smith not playing. Will be a toughie.....
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Clive's Pants 11 Oct 2017 11:31 am said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:Interesting to see Braley preferred to Vellacott in the absence of Heinz - perhaps this is to prevent him from becoming disaffected.

In my view it is more likely Vellacott's defence is thought to be a work in progress at the moment.
Clive's Pants
Vice-Captain

lucifer 11 Oct 2017 12:20 pm said..

Tom Hudson is listed as a centre in the programme, so strange to see him selected as full back over BB & DH. He could have played in his own position and given BTT a rest.
lucifer
Vice-Captain

glawsrugbyfan 11 Oct 2017 13:02 pm said..

lucifer wrote:Tom Hudson is listed as a centre in the programme, so strange to see him selected as full back over BB & DH. He could have played in his own position and given BTT a rest.

He's played fullback before, and could be labelled a "utility back".
glawsrugbyfan
Vice-Captain

Marble Eye 11 Oct 2017 13:28 pm said..

He played at fullback in a couple of the pre-season games.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 11 Oct 2017 14:54 pm said..

It's a shame Conrad Smith is not playing, IMHO he's probably the best centre of his generation. Is he injured?
stuartjames
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 11 Oct 2017 15:04 pm said..

Delighted to see this line-up....makes it clear what the priority is...I've had enough of this trying to get into the Champions Cup by the back door - let's do it properly...and I think we will
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby