Team's up

Re: Team's up

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Oct 2017 15:16 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:..I've had enough of this trying to get into the Champions Cup by the back door - let's do it properly...and I think we will

This time the Challenge Cup is a legitimate front door, none of this spurious playoff malarkey ....and have a feeling by the end of the round robin stage we may well be taking it seriously, as will a number of mid table teams in England and France who will only need 3 games to gain entry to the Champions Cup

Let's see how the boys do tomorrow, a win in Pau and I think we can ease off for quite a few of the initial games.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

RTS2 11 Oct 2017 15:20 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Delighted to see this line-up....makes it clear what the priority is...I've had enough of this trying to get into the Champions Cup by the back door - let's do it properly...and I think we will

Colin I hope your confidence is rewarded !.

Pau will not be an easy ride IMHO. Having said that it's a decent looking squad travelling away for this one and stronger than I thought. Looking forward to Polledri playing at this level. Good that Sav is captain for this one. Good move .

On the subject of CL qualification I agree let's aim to do it in style but at the end of the day the best way to achieve that is by securing a qualifying position in the Premiership. I hope we don't pick up too many injuries . The league is still IMHO our priority. Getting to the final of the challenge cup and winning is more than qualification by the back door !!; it's a very hard way of achieving top European rugby.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

CMGC 11 Oct 2017 15:42 pm said..

It is neither a reserve or a full side we are sending. We have 12 players with over 250 mins of game time this season. Of those 12
4 are rested
3 are injured
3 are on the bench
2 are playing ( Billy and Purdy)
You could argue only Williams and 36 are from our first choice starting lineup when all fit. It seems we still have about 13 in sick bay so the options were limited.
CMGC

Baz 11 Oct 2017 16:28 pm said..

Play the away games exactly how they do in the Champions cup groups. An away win is superb but if not, make sure you get bonus points or restrict them to 4. In the return game, stuff them and you will qualify in to the knock out stages. Pau away is our toughest game, just like LaRochelle in the group last season.

Probably the first time we've had to think this way, as we have pretty much dominated our group over the last 3 years. A win would be great but a 2 to 4 points difference in the table would be acceptable.
Baz
Hall of Famer

isambardcat 11 Oct 2017 17:13 pm said..

The Pau line-up does not include their main kicker Tom Taylor or Watisoni Votu who is by far their top try scorer. Three of the 23 are academy players (I assume that "centre de formation" means more or less that): hooker Lucas Rey (France U19), full-back Roman Buros (France U20), and replacement scrum-half Clovis Lebail. So it looks as if they are rotating rather like us; but their site lists only three players in the "infirmerie", so they might have more choice than we do.
isambardcat
Vice-Captain

Lebowski 11 Oct 2017 18:22 pm said..

Looking at the teams they have fielded in the league I think their lineup is relatively stronger than ours. They are also at home and have spent a lot of money on their squad - far more than us. I agree with Baz - this is our toughest game of the group and if we get something out of it fantastic, but if we don't I won't lose a wink of sleep.
Lebowski

Geoffy 11 Oct 2017 18:53 pm said..

Hudson could be the new Butler
Geoffy
First team regular

bristoldave 11 Oct 2017 19:32 pm said..

but has he got enough upstairs ?
bristoldave
Vice-Captain

lil al 11 Oct 2017 20:26 pm said..

Anyone know if any pubs in the Kingsholm area will be showing it?
lil al
Turns out for the A team

Glaws 11 Oct 2017 20:29 pm said..

The farmers club/teddy/abbey all showing it.
Glaws
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby