A League on the Road

Re: A League on the Road

Severus 12 Oct 2017 06:23 am said..

Out of interest, those who say it’s a kick in the teeth for the club members, why do you say that?
Last edited by Severus on 12 Oct 2017 14:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Severus
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Oct 2017 06:40 am said..

It's not those, it's a grand total of one dissenting voice on Shedweb, which is hardly public opinion or a mass protest. Made their opinion known move on.

Any chance of a game in the north of the county, say for example Coventry? :D
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Diamo 12 Oct 2017 07:53 am said..

And even then that comment may have been written tongue in cheek - irony doesn't always come across well when typed. Best just to take these things with a pinch of salt.
Posts: 599  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

Kinga 12 Oct 2017 08:10 am said..

As a club member i don't mind this at all.

I actually quite like the idea of playing the games away from Kingsholm and Hartpury. Means that the local club will see a boost in bar revenues. And also give's there youth section to watch some higher level rugby. Never know might inspire them to become future Gloucester players.

Sadly i don't think they will play at any of the clubs inside the city limits :-(
Kinga
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Oct 2017 08:24 am said..

Are KSM running a coach,...where are the Gloucester fans going to sit?
King Prawn Bhuna

GammoGlos 12 Oct 2017 13:05 pm said..

Severus wrote:Out of interest, those who say it’s a kick in the teeth for the club members, what do you say that?

not my opinion but just a thought. Maybe it's because "A" games are included in the season ticket price so it now means that's something else that season ticket holder don't get access to.

I also think that there are a few grounds within the city that could host a united game. Gordon League, Old Cents, Cryptians (floodlights) spring to mind, I bet there are a few more.
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 12 Oct 2017 13:51 pm said..

I assume that members still get in for free? In which case what's the problem. Do STHs in the north of the county have more rights than those in the south?
King Prawn Bhuna

GammoGlos 12 Oct 2017 14:31 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I assume that members still get in for free? In which case what's the problem. Do STHs in the north of the county have more rights than those in the south?

No, just cheaper housing, whilst we have better sun tans :D
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain

Stealth 12 Oct 2017 15:37 pm said..

A league games don't get a massive following. The recent Bath fixture was held on a Sunday afternoon, and only 1000 turned up to watch. I'm not a STH, but I don't think moving it around the area will have a massive impact on the few members that do go to watch.

If it means that we attract a few new supporters to Kingsholm, then it has to be good for the club.
Save money with www.savingsdaily.co.uk
Stealth
Senior squad member

Diamo 12 Oct 2017 18:25 pm said..

Exactly my thoughts too Stealth. It must cost them a fair whack to open Kingsholm for the A games, even if just one stand. So to save your own costs (as well as the pitch) why not take the games on a roadshow, drum up some local support, give local clubs a chance for extra earnings - the bar takings must be useful - and hopefully encourage people to come and watch the first team. All the while bonding with the local rugby community. I'm all for this move and would love to see them in Stroud, in the Forest, all over the county and surrounding area.
Posts: 599  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby