Turnaround Time / Press coverage - not just Wasps...

Turnaround Time / Press coverage - not just Wasps...

TimC 12 Oct 2017 09:30 am said..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41561117

Reading this article regarding Wasps and Scarlets made me double check, and there is no mention of the same turnaround time for Glaws albeit Saturday to Thursday rather than Sunday to Friday. Appreciate that we are not in the top tier Euro competition but we have a similar amount of injuries and tough away trip to France to deal with.

If we didn't have the local press and Shedweb, I'm not sure we'd get any external coverage at all!
TimC
Academy prospect

Re: Turnaround Time / Press coverage - not just Wasps...

Kinga 12 Oct 2017 09:53 am said..

The difference is that at Gloucester we just get on with it. Seems like some clubs just want to complain about anything these days.

Wasps have been very vocal about the fact they have 15 players injured. Gloucester haven't complained to any great extent.

Wasps have complained about the salary cap. Gloucester just carry on with business.

Seems that some clubs are constantly finding something to complain about.
Kinga
Senior squad member

isambardcat 12 Oct 2017 11:06 am said..

Actually Pau have had a shorter turnaround time than us, as their last match was early on Saturday evening. Wasps have almost two days less than Ulster, so I can understand why they are a bit miffed in this case.
isambardcat
Vice-Captain

RossM 12 Oct 2017 13:02 pm said..

Wasps have almost two days less than Ulster, so I can understand why they are a bit miffed in this case.

And we are away both games.
RossM
Senior squad member

lovejoy 12 Oct 2017 13:08 pm said..

We have an extra days recovery over Agen next week. Sometimes you just need to man up.
lovejoy
Vice-Captain

TimC 12 Oct 2017 21:02 pm said..

RossM wrote:Wasps have almost two days less than Ulster, so I can understand why they are a bit miffed in this case.

And we are away both games.

Ross - No issue with Wasps , my point was that Glaws have a comparable turnaround but in an article mentioning scheduling not a mention.
TimC
Academy prospect

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Oct 2017 09:23 am said..

I would put it mostly down to us being in the Mickey Mouse Euro Cup. We could have turned up and played like the All Blacks last night and it would have barely got a mention out side of Shedweb & the local rag.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Vice-Captain

covglaws 13 Oct 2017 09:37 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:I would put it mostly down to us being in the Mickey Mouse Euro Cup. We could have turned up and played like the All Blacks last night and it would have barely got a mention out side of Shedweb & the local rag.

Nail, head.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1070  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 13 Oct 2017 09:46 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:I would put it mostly down to us being in the Mickey Mouse Euro Cup. We could have turned up and played like the All Blacks last night and it would have barely got a mention out side of Shedweb & the local rag.

Did we?
lovejoy
Vice-Captain

grunter 13 Oct 2017 09:49 am said..

Our turn round time was mentioned during the match on TV last night.
grunter
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby