Ollie Thorley

Re: Ollie Thorley

kentishglaws 08 Dec 2017 09:45 am said..

Tbh I’ve noticed this thing with Ollie loving contact too, but it’s hardly something that can’t be coached out is it? The coaches obviously don’t mind him doing it otherwise they’d tell him not to and when they change their minds, it’s easy to change. I really wouldn’t be worried too much with OT taking the contact in all honesty
kentishglaws
Senior squad member

Peanutcoxy 16 Dec 2017 17:58 pm said..

Ollie Thorley you were outstanding today. Just the 4 tries, all different and all quality. I hate to say I told you so, however, on this one occasion I just can’t resist
Peanutcoxy
Senior squad member

stuartjames 16 Dec 2017 18:14 pm said..

Coleser, that's a name from my days as a regular supporter.

OT has been great, made an impact last week as well
stuartjames
Vice-Captain

Danno 16 Dec 2017 18:49 pm said..

I think Thorley proved today that he has a great and diverse skillset. He was superb under the high ball, showed gas to burn, and great strength in contact where needed. On one occasion he jinked past a defender and then dragged 3 Zebre players in, showed great strength. I think he is playing brilliantly and feel he takes the contact, and bumps off defenders, at the right time. He is showing a great rugby brain.
Danno
Turns out for the A team

Ashtennisguru 16 Dec 2017 22:04 pm said..

The best thing about Ollie Thorley is his middle name (apparently) is Andromeda?!?!
Ashtennisguru
Vice-Captain

SwindonGlos 17 Dec 2017 09:34 am said..

A player benefiting from an extended run in the team. Great to have the options but with all players fit he'd get in my back 4 (3 starters plus sub) of Sharples, Woodward, Marshall, Thorley.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same.
SwindonGlos
Vice-Captain

Simmo468 17 Dec 2017 10:19 am said..

SwindonGlos wrote:A player benefiting from an extended run in the team. Great to have the options but with all players fit he'd get in my back 4 (3 starters plus sub) of Sharples, Woodward, Marshall, Thorley.

I think from a bench perspective Purdy offers more cover and impact. For me Thorley starts or isn't in the 23.
Simmo468
On the board

lucifer 17 Dec 2017 10:58 am said..

Good job he was last weekend.
lucifer
Hero in the making
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby