Ouch...Jim Mallinder

Re: Ouch...Jim Mallinder

grunter 12 Dec 2017 19:04 pm said..

Ferret wrote:Is it so bad a move mid season
They are out of HC, losing matches and to be honest not much sign of turn around
The positive is the new bloke may be able to restore confidence, will have half season to examine players in competition before deciding who is going and those coming in.
The management can witness how new DoR manages etc before offering a longer contract
Those that join at end of season always I have to play what I have, take a few months to settle in. Sometimes I confress to thinking it is a bit hollow but what can anyone do about it
The club can start afresh in Sept if the cant make top six with games left.
If it's broke fix it.

It seems very strange to make a big signing like Biggar and then sack your DOR. I hope the new guy rates Biggar, for both their sakes otherwise things could be awkward.
grunter
On the board

CMGC 12 Dec 2017 19:28 pm said..

It all works fine if they have "the next man" waiting in the wings . If not and the hunt starts now then this season is a write off .
CMGC

Number10 12 Dec 2017 20:52 pm said..

CMGC wrote:My point exactly Glosfan. I can't think of a team who have immediately improved from a mid season change , especially when it is merely one of the assistants stepping up. Glos tried it on more than one occasion and it didn't work. others have too.
I wish Saints well as a proper team but after such a tough run of games they were always going to stuggle. After their loss to us they then played
Saracens
Clermont Auvergne
Wasps
Exeter Chiefs
Dragons
Worcester
Sale Sharks
Newcastle
Ospreys
They should have done better in the last 4 games but by then they were shellacked !!! The Int call ups probably hurt their SID more than some. How long before JM ends up at another Prem team I wonder?

Diamond when he took over from redpath saved sale from relegation that season.
Number10
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Dec 2017 09:31 am said..

Ford being touted around by the press....not a popular move on the the Saints Sportnetwork site....my favourite quote is 'Ford-he's always part of the problem, never part of the solution' :D :D :D
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Camel 13 Dec 2017 10:45 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Ford being touted around by the press....not a popular move on the the Saints Sportnetwork site....my favourite quote is 'Ford-he's always part of the problem, never part of the solution' :D :D :D

He was mentioned at joining us a while back. Would love to see him at Saints 8-)
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Dec 2017 11:13 am said..

Ford...

1. Big money players at Bath...results = rubbish

2. Big money players temporarily at Toulon ...results = see 1. above
King Prawn Bhuna

Fat Taff 13 Dec 2017 11:21 am said..

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

robs1 13 Dec 2017 11:26 am said..

Fat Taff wrote:Image

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bloody hell his hair has fallen out fast since he left bath :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
robs1
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Dec 2017 11:29 am said..

Excellent journalism....certainly know their stuff at the Torygraph
King Prawn Bhuna
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby