Moriarty on his way back?

Re: Moriarty on his way back?

Theotherjonny 14 Dec 2017 10:48 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Only thing immature is that peeps are still banging on about it....time to move on methinks and leave to the boss who cares diddly squat about petty squabbles on Shedweb

Still this really......
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 206  Location: Tewkesbury (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
Theotherjonny
Vice-Captain

PeterD 14 Dec 2017 11:20 am said..

I still want to see Ross playing in a Cherry and White shirt for the rest of this season and believe he can help us keep improving for the rest of the time he is with us.
PeterD
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 14 Dec 2017 12:04 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:The minority who say they don't mind if he does not play for Gloucester again should be condemned.

Seriously? Condemned for having a different view to you? :shock:

Personally I have never suggested he shouldn’t play for Glos again, but anybody who holds that view is quite entitled to it. That’s the point of forums.

Likewise those who don’t want to discuss a particular subject any more have the option of ignoring the thread rather than telling others what they should or should not continue to discuss.
Lebowski

Sheddy Mcshedface 14 Dec 2017 12:09 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:
Stroud Wizard wrote:The minority who say they don't mind if he does not play for Gloucester again should be condemned.

Seriously? Condemned for having a different view to you? :shock:

Personally I have never suggested he shouldn’t play for Glos again, but anybody who holds that view is quite entitled to it. That’s the point of forums.

Likewise those who don’t want to discuss a particular subject any more have the option of ignoring the thread rather than telling others what they should or should not continue to discuss.

Stroud Wizard you're not in charge of the front page of the Daily Mail by any chance are you? ;)
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Blackcountryglaws 14 Dec 2017 12:34 pm said..

Of course he should play for Glaws till the end of the season. If not, then the club would be wasting a valuable resource that's available to them at no extra cost. Who wouldn't want a fit and firing B&I Lion in their team.
Blackcountryglaws
Turns out for the A team

RTS2 14 Dec 2017 12:35 pm said..

Would agree with Leb on this one. I think a lot of were disappointed when it became clear Ross wasn't going to be a Gloucester player after this season, and some perhaps have over-reacted to the way things have panned out. We are a bit of a reactionary bunch at times ! :) . It's called being loyal Gloucester fans or something like that ? ;) :) .

Whatever the thing perhaps we do need to consider is how the situation is managed between now and the end of the season.

Young Ackers has some sort of engine in him- is he superhuman ! ?. The boy has played a huge amount of rugby over the last couple of seasons. Ludlow's tackle count is unbelievable and the hit's he's been making all season amount to probably the average a professional player makes in three. It's been a big ask on those bodies in particular and we need quality cover. Ross offers that. We all know it.

Perhaps as some have said it really is time to move on now.

Lets celebrate the fact that a great player is still around to help us win the Premiership- or at least have a damn good attempt at it. We need all of our troops and Ross is still one of them.

Also what about that management point ?. Do you think someone with Ackers apparent beliefs and value's would really want to sanction a player for a careless tweet ??.I think he'd be more likely to help the player grow even more and to try and work with him to get the best out of him for himself , the squad and the supporters.

The only person it's probably caused some grief to is the person who did it. As I said before; we all make mistakes.

Perhaps forgive and forget is the wisest option left for all.

That way we all get to see the best from a player Gloucester Rugby have nurtured and we all get the opportunity to get behind him and the squad for the rest of the season.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Marble Eye 14 Dec 2017 12:47 pm said..

Blackcountryglaws wrote:Of course he should play for Glaws till the end of the season. If not, then the club would be wasting a valuable resource that's available to them at no extra cost. Who wouldn't want a fit and firing B&I Lion in their team.

Quite right!
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Oxford Glaws 14 Dec 2017 14:43 pm said..

Jasper8 wrote:To the 3 Wise Men Baz Lebowski and RTS. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

I'd be interested (genuinely) to hear if you have some inside knowledge of this whole episode Jasper?
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

CWB1 14 Dec 2017 14:51 pm said..

If RM plays or not is for the coach and the player to work out. We sign players from other clubs and we lose some. It's a short career with very few one-club players remaining, and we have to assume that most of our squad will move on at some time. So most players are playing for Glos on the understanding that they will go elsewhere sometime. As professionals they owe their loyalty to the club that pays their wages.

What strikes me as odd, is that RM is so committed to Wales, why did he choose to play for England U20's? Did he play for England against Wales at that level? This led to think that the probable solution is to make the England U20's the designated England second team. There seem to be so few Saxons fixtures game these days. Why not tie the players in at an earlier stage? At least the clubs would know where they stand in term of EQPs.
CWB1
First team regular

Lebowski 14 Dec 2017 15:47 pm said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:
Jasper8 wrote:To the 3 Wise Men Baz Lebowski and RTS. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

I'd be interested (genuinely) to hear if you have some inside knowledge of this whole episode Jasper?

I’d love to know what the truth is. I’d also quite like to know what the story is too! :shock:
Lebowski
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby