Thomas to Dragons on loan

Thomas to Dragons on loan

Lebowski 13 Dec 2017 18:03 pm said..

Nicky Thomas joins Dragons on loan from Scarlets. I am guessing he hasn’t kicked on at Scarlets then.
Lebowski

Re: Thomas to Dragons on loan

Glaws 13 Dec 2017 18:47 pm said..

Been on loan at Bristol this season too.
Glaws
On the board

stevieb 13 Dec 2017 19:59 pm said..

Is 'something special' happening at Dragons? :?
stevieb
On the board

MrGlawsRocker 14 Dec 2017 00:10 am said..

NT is a good lad wish he could have stayed, would have done wonders under good management.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

Oldprop 14 Dec 2017 08:38 am said..

MrGlawsRocker wrote:NT is a good lad wish he could have stayed, would have done wonders under good management.

You could probably say that about a few who have left over the past three seasons. The good news is that we now have the good management and the flow of good players has been reversed :D
Oldprop
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 14 Dec 2017 09:52 am said..

Much happier to be investing effort in our Eng U20 prospects. Nothing against Nicky, he showed promise but Welsh selection policy dictates it was right that he moved on.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 14 Dec 2017 10:11 am said..

You have to feel sorry for any young aspiring talent with Welsh qualifications, I can't see why an English club would invest in them?
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Neilio44 14 Dec 2017 11:53 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:You have to feel sorry for any young aspiring talent with Welsh qualifications, I can't see why an English club would invest in them?

Yes, you do have to feel sorry for them.

I do understand why the WRU are doing it but feel they are being rather bullish and heavy handed with it, and maybe Gatland, despite his faults, is trying to temper it to a point. Surely there must be a better way to improve your national and regional teams in concert, without restricting the players development so much?

IMO it does appear a tad arrogant as I don't believe the WRU or regions are coming from a particular position of strength.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 14 Dec 2017 12:02 pm said..

TBF it's only an issue once they have been capped by Wales at which point you'd have to assume they will already have played a reasonable amount of senior games for their club.

As I have said before a simple clause added to Gats Law 2.0 saying that as long as a player remains at the club for which they made their senior debut then they can continue to play outside Wales and be eligible for selection whilst being free to sign a new contract. Could have prevented this whole Moriarty situation.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 14 Dec 2017 12:25 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:TBF it's only an issue once they have been capped by Wales at which point you'd have to assume they will already have played a reasonable amount of senior games for their club.

As I have said before a simple clause added to Gats Law 2.0 saying that as long as a player remains at the club for which they made their senior debut then they can continue to play outside Wales and be eligible for selection whilst being free to sign a new contract. Could have prevented this whole Moriarty situation.

That second clause that adds a degree of sanity, will never happen....because as we all know.....there ain't no such thing as a sanity clause........

....exits carrying coats and apologising to Groucho Marx
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby