Irish enthusiasm

Irish enthusiasm

SCRUMTIME 15 Dec 2017 20:40 pm said..

Its Friday night.
Its raining.
Its on TV.
There are approx 12 times as many people in mainland UK as Ireland. ( I'm not good at maths sorry if wrong).
Ulster v Quins.
Ground is full.
Discuss.
SCRUMTIME
First team regular

Re: Irish enthusiasm

stevieb 15 Dec 2017 23:33 pm said..

SCRUMTIME wrote:Its Friday night.
Its raining.
Its on TV.
There are approx 12 times as many people in mainland UK as Ireland. ( I'm not good at maths sorry if wrong).
Ulster v Quins.
Ground is full.
Discuss.

Is their water off like in Tewks so they’ve gone to the ground with soap to have a shower in the rain?
stevieb
Hero in the making

DieTrying 16 Dec 2017 00:11 am said..

SCRUMTIME wrote:Its Friday night.
Its raining.
Its on TV.
Ulster v Quins.
Ground is full.
Discuss.

Is a myth: GAA beats RU everytime. Kingspan, RU: 18196. Casement Park GAA: 32600 going to 40000.

National: Aviva RU: 51700. Croke Park GAA: 82300.

NOTE: RU & GAA is All Ireland. Football is separated.
DieTrying

Sonrich 16 Dec 2017 00:31 am said..

Kingspan is full, or close to it every home game even against the lesser pro 12/14 sides. Been living here for 3.1/2 years and a frequent visitor for around 18. Pop along to a game 2 or 3 times a season but a 100 mile round trip from home, very passionate, dare I say one eyed supporters, the match day experience is something similar to Kingsholm. GAA is,of course, very popular some areas for hurling some for football but is all amateur and the structure up to the highest level is very different. It does also broadly follow religious lines in that GAA clubs are very predominately Catholic as are the schools that play it. Casement Park in Belfast is currently derelict and has been for some time, it's due to be rebuilt and was included in the list of stadiums in the Irish bid for the 2023 world cup, but there was some doubt that it would be built in time.
Sonrich
Turns out for the A team

DieTrying 16 Dec 2017 00:52 am said..

Sonrich wrote:Kingspan is full, or close to it every home game even against the lesser pro 12/14 sides. Been living here for 3.1/2 years and a frequent visitor for around 18. Pop along to a game 2 or 3 times a season but a 100 mile round trip from home, very passionate, dare I say one eyed supporters, the match day experience is something similar to Kingsholm. GAA is,of course, very popular some areas for hurling some for football but is all amateur and the structure up to the highest level is very different. It does also broadly follow religious lines in that GAA clubs are very predominately Catholic as are the schools that play it. Casement Park in Belfast is currently derelict and has been for some time, it's due to be rebuilt and was included in the list of stadiums in the Irish bid for the 2023 world cup, but there was some doubt that it would be built in time.

Currently the Kingspan is at an Avg of 79% cap in the PRO14 with a low of 70% & a high of 90%. In the Euro, including the game tonight it sits at 85%. Taking Glos as a benchmark: AVP: 82%, Euro: 59% without to-days match stat.
DieTrying

Return to Gloucester Rugby