Gloucester v Zebre OGT thread

Re: Gloucester v Zebre OGT thread

Miles 16 Dec 2017 23:36 pm said..

I couldn't make it today. How did Orr play, particularly in the scrum and what about Safe? Thank you in advance for any replies.
Miles
Hero in the making

Baylion 17 Dec 2017 05:49 am said..

Agent Grim wrote:
JC wrote:Any advice on one of them linky-things to watch the match from here in Dublin would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,

JC

https://www.vipleague.is/sports/rugby.html

Thanks for the link to the full match videos

(The PM I tried to send you is stuck in my Outbox)
Baylion
Vice-Captain

Tuffty 17 Dec 2017 08:14 am said..

Tries, score, performance, blag, blag, blag . . . .who cares.

All this doesn’t matter.

Where we REALLY need to improve is in our kit selection. Now, I’m not disagreeing that the gopping green strip did seem to instill Hulk-like qualities in our performance and could be impregnated with spinach (not sure if green vegetables are a banded substance but my son things so) but I think we should have been in cherry n white. I think we need to introduce a performance related pay scheme for the Laundry Team as well as allow them to wash in a more expansive and free way. By allowing the Laundry Team to execute ‘heads-up’ washing and wash the laundry they see in front of them should see the availability of the cherry n white strip improve. I think DH needs to secure the services of a world-class domestic goddess to get this aspect of Gloucester’s performance up to scratch; therefore I propose we hire Nigella Lawson. (The Lawson surname has served the club well over the years).
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 17 Dec 2017 08:22 am said..

Love it Tuffty. That made me smile this morning
Peanutcoxy
On the board

madders 17 Dec 2017 08:27 am said..

Sorry to contradict you but the green/grey and pink strips are bl**dy awful.
madders
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 17 Dec 2017 08:30 am said..

I quite like it, however we were playing at home and it just feels wrong
Peanutcoxy
On the board

Camel 17 Dec 2017 08:51 am said..

Baz wrote:Actually Cameron I think one player was outstanding. Billy Burns only got 40 but the guy is a magician. I can’t believe how some pick on him. I sometimes question I’m watching the same guy as them? His kicking from hand is as good as I’ve ever seen from a 10. He nails the corners and that kick to Halaifonua was a thing of beauty. What a player.

I agree, he was outstanding today and has been all season. His confidence is sky high and you can see he's been given free reign to play what's in front of him. The players around him were consistently getting over the gain line yesterday, which give him the platform to execute - that's been a difference to previous seasons. When he struck that cross field kick, it was sublime! I think he's making better decisions than last year too, using and seeing the space that's in front of him. Would Williams get in the side ahead of him at the moment? I'm not sure.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

bristoldave 17 Dec 2017 09:04 am said..

It's a nice problem to have having been without strength in depth at 10 for some time now. The crossfiled kicks won't always come off but they are a supurb option to keep opposition guessing. I thought Mario played well yesterday given only just back from a long lay off - he safely claimed the restarts , tackled and acrried well. He even recovered his fumble and prevented a knock on so again in the 2nd row we now have SID too. On the kit well it's good camoflage, when BTT was taking a conversion across on the shed side I couldn't see him. Fingers crossed for next week and wondering what the selection will be
bristoldave
Vice-Captain

Lurker 17 Dec 2017 09:15 am said..

Orr played really well as did Safe and Galarza - good to see players retuning and others who get their chance to play hit the same levels as the rest of the squad have been doing over previous weeks.
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 17 Dec 2017 11:40 am said..

Does anyone know if there's highlights avaliable anywhere?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby