Pests OGT

Re: Pests OGT

upton dc 17 Dec 2017 14:23 pm said..

Well that’s Gopperth and Daly both injured and possibly doubtful for next week. I do not really wish any player ill but would not be too disappointed if Launchbury and Hughes both miss out next week also.
Panache et Precision
upton dc
Hero in the making

nicko88 17 Dec 2017 14:33 pm said..

Have they announced the crowd? Seems very small for such a big game?
nicko88
Senior squad member

Searey 17 Dec 2017 14:46 pm said..

Hope that everyone who is going to the Ricoh travels safely and has fun.

However, I don't envy you having to listen to that stadium announcer.
Searey
Senior squad member

CMGC 17 Dec 2017 15:19 pm said..

Don't disagree Upton but..... at some point this team has to let us know if they are the real deal. Are they a real top four team or a good mid table one. Beating a fairly strong Pests side in Coventry would go a long way to letting us know. Perhaps better they are close to full ticket and then we will learn a bit more.
CMGC

RossM 17 Dec 2017 15:29 pm said..

I think upton dc's post is verging on the thoroughly unpleasant. Qualifying it with "I do not really wish any player ill" doesn't dilute the sentiment in any way. Distasteful.

Personally, I am really looking forward to this match between my first and second favourite teams. Should be a cracker.
RossM
Vice-Captain

Baz 17 Dec 2017 15:32 pm said..

I'm going and I don't expect Gloucester to have to prove anything. They are so far ahead on the evolution scale we can take a set back.I think they'll play the same way with Ackermann telling them to express themselves. As long as they give it their best I can take a defeat against a very good team in their own ground. That said, I think it will be close and if within 6 points at 75 minutes I'll back us to win it.
Baz
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 17 Dec 2017 16:52 pm said..

Baz wrote:I'm going and I don't expect Gloucester to have to prove anything. They are so far ahead on the evolution scale we can take a set back.I think they'll play the same way with Ackermann telling them to express themselves. As long as they give it their best I can take a defeat against a very good team in their own ground. That said, I think it will be close and if within 6 points at 75 minutes I'll back us to win it.

Having watched a very unimpressive Wasps team take on a poor Rochelle attack...JA should have them tactically worked out. They were one dimensional with one or two players who were a bit if a handful. Our lineout will struggle but expect our attack to find the gaps... We can do this!
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Dan S 17 Dec 2017 16:53 pm said..

RossM not sure why this clip sprung to mind after reading your post: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mju_gW3c8
Dan S
Academy prospect

King Prawn Bhuna 17 Dec 2017 19:13 pm said..

Sorry but I'm sure quite a few of us were hoping that after two hard games against the big buggas from the top team in the T14 it would leave Wasps depleted in some key areas....its not wishing it to happen just that it's a statement of fact in the gladitorial world of top level rugby.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

torchy6 17 Dec 2017 19:32 pm said..

If we want to be the best we have to beat the best. Wishing ill fortune on the opposition is cowardly in my opinion, let them be at full strength so we can challenge them on a level (desso) playing field. The match against Waz will tell us where we are at present, i.e. top four or top six. I firmly believe we are good enough to win, this is the most important match so far this season.
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby