Kriel to Glaws?

Kriel to Glaws?

Baylion 16 Dec 2017 17:17 pm said..

for 2019/20?

The Rugby Paper is reporting that the flank [Jaco Kriel] has penned a three year deal with the Cherry and Whites, who have to fill a Ross Moriarty shaped hole in their squad.

Kriel signed a two year deal with the Kubota Spears in June, which allows him to play Super Rugby for the Lions and then the shorter end of year season with the Japanese side.

This means Gloucester will not get to see Kriel until sometime in 2019.

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/premiership/82499-lions-star-joining-ackermann-in-gloucester

All rumour and speculation though. The SA contract window only opens in July of the year a player's contact ends.

Lyon lost Franco Mostert last year because they negotiated with him and signed him without permission from the Lions outside his contract window.

I can't see Glaws, or Kriel, signing now for 2019/20
Baylion
Senior squad member

Re: Kriel to Glaws?

Lebowski 16 Dec 2017 21:37 pm said..

James Hanson was under contract to the Melbourne Rebels for next season. Deals can always be done if all concerned are willing.
Lebowski

Peanutcoxy 16 Dec 2017 21:51 pm said..

On paper you’re absolutely right Baylion but as Leb suggest, paper can be torn up if the circumstances are agreeable to all parties. I hope he does join us like any good player but if it isn’t until 2019, I won’t be disheartened having seen the talent we currently have available
Peanutcoxy
Senior squad member

Vennvenn 18 Dec 2017 11:41 am said..

Kriel's agent has just posted that he has not signed for Gloucester. "It's all media speculation". Jaco re-tweeted that message less than an hour ago
Vennvenn
Turns out for the A team

Lebowski 18 Dec 2017 12:15 pm said..

If you read the whole tweet though it goes on to say a decision will be made in March following consultation with the Lions. We can all read what we want into that, but I know what it sounds like to me! 8-)
Lebowski

Opportunist 18 Dec 2017 12:38 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:If you read the whole tweet though it goes on to say a decision will be made in March following consultation with the Lions. We can all read what we want into that, but I know what it sounds like to me! 8-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ic5aPsldNj0

I can't possibly think which team he might want to join :D
Opportunist
Hero in the making

Simmo468 18 Dec 2017 12:55 pm said..

A public denial normally means it's absolutely right :D I would imagine if the £££s are right for all parties the contract becomes irrelevant and the SA transfer window is also irrelevant as he isn't transferring between teams in the same competition.
Simmo468
On the board

grunter 18 Dec 2017 17:11 pm said..

grunter
Hero in the making

Ferret 18 Dec 2017 18:39 pm said..

Do we need him?
Ferret
Hero in the making

Gb83 18 Dec 2017 18:47 pm said..

Ferret wrote:Do we need him?

I think we do, the current starters are doing outstandingly well but can’t play every game.

Whilst we do have Morgan he is so unreliable injury wise. Kriel would suit our new style of play so well.
Gb83
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby