Polledri

Polledri

Forrester 08 Jan 2018 19:46 pm said..

Can anyone clarify his international eligibility? In the rugby paper he's quoted as saying he's available for England but I swear someone on here posted that they'd spoken to his parents and he's tied to Italy.
Forrester
On the board

Re: Polledri

DieTrying 08 Jan 2018 20:24 pm said..

He's only played at U20 level for Italy, so not restricted.
DieTrying

Aaron 08 Jan 2018 21:02 pm said..

Not sure about that, when he played for Italy u20s they were designated as their "next senior representative team" which would imply he is tied to Italy... Unless the recent ruling that U20s teams cannot be considered as a 2nd side any longer acts retrospectively (I've not found anything to imply it does).
https://www.worldrugby.org/regulations/ ... am?lang=en
Aaron
Senior squad member

GammoGlos 08 Jan 2018 21:08 pm said..

Here's hoping Eddie Jones sees sense and Warren Gatland doesn't.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 08 Jan 2018 21:34 pm said..

If anyone tries to select him first surely it will be Italy. He hasn't appeared for either England or Wales and I can't see him getting involved before the 2019 world cup but he'd be well in with a shout of getting into Italy squad.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 08 Jan 2018 21:47 pm said..

Aaron wrote:Not sure about that, when he played for Italy u20s they were designated as their "next senior representative team" which would imply he is tied to Italy... Unless the recent ruling that U20s teams cannot be considered as a 2nd side any longer acts retrospectively (I've not found anything to imply it does).

That WR page lists from 2003-2012

From Wikki: The Italy A national rugby union team (also known as Emerging Italy) are the second national rugby union team in Italy after the national side.They competed in the IRB Nations Cup from 2006 until 2013, except in 2011 when they played the Churchill Cup. Since 2014 they participate in the IRB Tbilisi Cup.

From 2016 it plays in the World Rugby Nations Cup.
DieTrying

Aaron 08 Jan 2018 23:18 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:
Aaron wrote:Not sure about that, when he played for Italy u20s they were designated as their "next senior representative team" which would imply he is tied to Italy... Unless the recent ruling that U20s teams cannot be considered as a 2nd side any longer acts retrospectively (I've not found anything to imply it does).

That WR page lists from 2003-2012

From Wikki: The Italy A national rugby union team (also known as Emerging Italy) are the second national rugby union team in Italy after the national side.They competed in the IRB Nations Cup from 2006 until 2013, except in 2011 when they played the Churchill Cup. Since 2014 they participate in the IRB Tbilisi Cup.

From 2016 it plays in the World Rugby Nations Cup.

There are two links, one 03-12 and one 13-17. That one seems straight forward enough to me. The link below is to the pdf covering the relevant years.

https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... 0-2017.pdf
Aaron
Senior squad member

DieTrying 08 Jan 2018 23:55 pm said..

Interesting: Italy only then.
DieTrying

ElephantJuice 09 Jan 2018 09:38 am said..

Forrester wrote:Can anyone clarify his international eligibility? In the rugby paper he's quoted as saying he's available for England but I swear someone on here posted that they'd spoken to his parents and he's tied to Italy.

Yeah - that was me at the Zebre game (I think?) that spoke to his mother....
ElephantJuice
Vice-Captain

stuartjames 09 Jan 2018 09:56 am said..

For the 2014/15 season, which I think is when he got capped, there's both U20s and an 'Emerging Italy' results on the IRB website. He played in the 2015 Junior World Cup (I think) in June 2015, meanwhile an 'Emerging Italy' team was competing in the Tblisi Cup at the same time. All clear as mud.
stuartjames
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby