Polledri

Re: Polledri

CMGC 09 Jan 2018 22:39 pm said..

He may now get less game time with Glos than he wants. With Rowan back in a week and all the other backrowers fit we have in effect two complete podsof 4 for a match day squad available. It is difficult to know who is favoured and thus we might assume plenty of rotation and " horses for courses" type selections. If they stay fit they'll get about two runouts a month instead of every week.
I suppose Ross, Clarke and Morgan with Evans on the bench for pick and go games and Ludlow, Rowan and Ackers with Polledri on the bench for open attacking and counter attacking games? It will be fascinating to see how JA deals with them.
CMGC

stuartjames 10 Jan 2018 08:57 am said..

Given the rate of injuries, I very much doubt we'll have 8 back row forwards all fit for very long. Ludlow, RA, Polledri has looked the in form unit so far this season. I don't think Ackermann is a 6 or 7 despite his size, he looks better at No8, so I make that Clarke, RA, Evans and Morgan, possibly Ross, all playing for the No 8 shirt. I guess Morgan out of all the options is the only one not to play as a flanker?, so unless he starts be doesn't make the 23.
stuartjames
Vice-Captain

Legendoft'Autostrada 10 Jan 2018 09:02 am said..

Sadly, I just don't see Evans in the mix. Talented player but through no fault of his own - a rotten injury record - he has slipped down the pecking order. Ludlow, Polledri and Clark have come steaming past him and Will Self, too, has made a good impression.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Ken Burney 10 Jan 2018 09:08 am said..

Given the changes to the laws I reckon that Evans may be better suited to playing at 7. His pace and ball carrying could be a real threat.

It is very unfortunate that his injury record has been so poor because he does have talent.
Ken Burney
On the board

kentishglaws 10 Jan 2018 10:01 am said..

Massive congrats to Jake on his call up, let’s hope he gets a cap. I had Ludlow down for young player of the year at the start of the season, but the emergence of Polledri has been phenomenal.
kentishglaws
Senior squad member

CMGC 10 Jan 2018 10:32 am said..

The shame is that we'll now lose him for 2-3 months of the season if, as we suspect, he ends up in the regular Italian squad. We won't even get compensation for that ( as with Welsh etc. players) He is a talent but I guess that is the way the deal goes !!
CMGC

lucifer 10 Jan 2018 11:13 am said..

Since coming off his heroin addiction life seems to have opened up many unexpected development opportunities for Will Self, Legend!
lucifer
Hero in the making

madders 10 Jan 2018 11:28 am said..

He’s a C&W wrecking ball.
madders
Hall of Famer

Legendoft'Autostrada 10 Jan 2018 11:56 am said..

lucifer wrote:Since coming off his heroin addiction life seems to have opened up many unexpected development opportunities for Will Self, Legend!

It's a Safe bet! :D
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Miles 13 Jan 2018 10:24 am said..

Again played well from what I've heard. Does anyone know how long he's signed up for? It would be great if we could offer him a long term contract!
Last edited by Miles on 13 Jan 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miles
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby