Banahan

Re: Banahan

spanish exile 11 Jan 2018 11:09 am said..

I can only see this as a very good signing.
MB gives proven quality, experience & more importantly big game nous.
Look forward to see him in c&w.
spanish exile
Vice-Captain

Staggy 11 Jan 2018 11:28 am said..

Seems to me that the Bath faithful are having the same sentiments for Banahan leaving that we might/will if/when Afoa leaves. That says quite a bit to me. Welcome MB.
Staggy
Academy prospect

Ken Burney 11 Jan 2018 11:34 am said..

Matt Banahan may lack outright pace but he regularly breaks the gain line and has a very good offloading game. He also, because of his size, sucks in defenders to create space.

He scores his fair share of tries.

Given his experience and skills I expect him to be a good addition to our squad. His knowledge of the extra intensity of the Champions Cup will also be useful if we are in it next season.

Welcome to Kingsholm, Matt.
Ken Burney
On the board

Sue D'Nimes 11 Jan 2018 14:21 pm said..

Staggy wrote:Seems to me that the Bath faithful are having the same sentiments for Banahan leaving that we might/will if/when Afoa leaves. That says quite a bit to me. Welcome MB.

Afoa may lack outright pace but he regularly breaks the gain line and has a very good offloading game. He also, because of his size, sucks in defenders to create space.

"Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."
Sue D'Nimes
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Jan 2018 14:33 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:Matt Banahan may lack outright pace but he regularly breaks the gain line and has a very good offloading game. He also, because of his size, sucks in defenders to create space.

Given his experience and skills I expect him to be a good addition to our squad. His knowledge of the extra intensity of the Champions Cup will also be useful if we are in it next season.

Welcome to Kingsholm, Matt.

Agree with all of the above but I hope you don't mind me parking it until next season...and hope you are shite at your next game at the Holm ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Staggy 11 Jan 2018 16:21 pm said..

Sue D'Nimes wrote:
Staggy wrote:Seems to me that the Bath faithful are having the same sentiments for Banahan leaving that we might/will if/when Afoa leaves. That says quite a bit to me. Welcome MB.

Afoa may lack outright pace but he regularly breaks the gain line and has a very good offloading game. He also, because of his size, sucks in defenders to create space.

:lol: :lol:

I think that JA may have a better one handed pick up though.
Staggy
Academy prospect

glosfan1961 11 Jan 2018 16:26 pm said..

Keep Afoa, we seem to leak the front row season after season. Whats the play at Gloucester ?? Cant we be consistant apart from losing front rowers season after season?
glosfan1961
First team regular

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Jan 2018 17:30 pm said..

glosfan1961 wrote:Keep Afoa, we seem to leak the front row season after season. Whats the play at Gloucester ?? Cant we be consistant apart from losing front rowers season after season?

I believe it is up to Afoa rather than us not wanting to keep him. We won't be able to match Bristol on wages and as he will probably be signing last contract as a pro then he will ne thinking about the future. And rightly so.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Vice-Captain

Sky blue 11 Jan 2018 18:09 pm said..

glosfan1961 wrote:Keep Afoa, we seem to leak the front row season after season. Whats the play at Gloucester ?? Cant we be consistant apart from losing front rowers season after season?

Our scrum has been shocking for years up until this season. Who have we lost that would be an improvement on who we have today?
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 11 Jan 2018 19:49 pm said..

Yeah ‘coz the scrum has been dreadful this year compared with last. :shock:

Who would you want back instead of Balmain, Denman and Rapava-Ruskin?
Lebowski
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby