Banahan

Re: Banahan

Baz 10 Jan 2018 22:35 pm said..

We need a squad of players who we can play and not worry about being out of their depth. Matt fits that bill but it doesn't mean he's going to play every game. The guy is refreshing his career in a new environment. For the first time in his life he'll know what it's like to have supporters (apart from Jersey)and crowd noise rather than horns and polite applause.

As long as it's not detrimental to the youngsters coming through, I can only see positives. Apparently he's a top bloke and on TV he seems to back that image up. Welcome Matt looking forward to you joining the Gloucester 'Land of the Giants' Of course you'll love it here. Tinds and Balsh couldn't wait to severe their ties and nail their colours to our mast. No doubt he'll be a Glos fan too.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 10 Jan 2018 22:37 pm said..

Forrester wrote:He'll be a useful addition to the squad but he's no Charles Piatau so I'm not getting over excited by it.

I think you may find he is on a slightly different salary to Charles Piatua.

And he isn’t exactly the most loyal of players is he?
Lebowski

DieTrying 10 Jan 2018 22:47 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:
Forrester wrote:He'll be a useful addition to the squad but he's no Charles Piatau so I'm not getting over excited by it.

I think you may find he is on a slightly different salary to Charles Piatua.

Why isn't he? He stuck to his Ulster contract even though Wasps tried to buy him out of it. Ulster contract complete so moving on to stupid money from Bristol.
DieTrying

torchy6 10 Jan 2018 22:48 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:I think you may find he is on a slightly different salary to Charles Piatua.

No but he's doing for his family so that's OK ;)
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 11 Jan 2018 08:17 am said..

John Afoa is from NZ, he plays for us because the money's good, not because he's got a granny from Tuffley, the same for all the foreign players on our books. That's the same as Charles Piutau, he had a short term contract at Wasps, a 2 year contract at Ulster. Both completed in style. What has loyalty got to do with it?
stuartjames
Hero in the making

glawfindel 11 Jan 2018 09:22 am said..

Please let him be fit and picked for the games against Barf next season.

Pretty please.

With a Cherry and White sugar on top
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 11 Jan 2018 10:06 am said..

Really don’t like to see anyone tweeting the club and matt with negative feedback off the back of the announcement.

Having opinions are fine, but it cant be nice for our new signing to see that some fans think he is a bad choice.

Any guy who gives 110% for the shirt has my backing, so until I see otherwise I’ll be 100% supportive!
ryno_chelt
Vice-Captain

forresterinyorks 11 Jan 2018 10:28 am said..

ryno_chelt wrote:Really don’t like to see anyone tweeting the club and matt with negative feedback off the back of the announcement.

Having opinions are fine, but it cant be nice for our new signing to see that some fans think he is a bad choice.

Any guy who gives 110% for the shirt has my backing, so until I see otherwise I’ll be 100% supportive!

Exactly
Never Stay Down.
forresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

TP17 11 Jan 2018 10:44 am said..

It's probably those same few idiots who were tweeting Ed Slater after he signed :roll:
TP17
Hall of Famer

PPJ 11 Jan 2018 11:06 am said..

What we are getting is a player other team are wary about,as stated he always makes metres.
He’ll give us 100% every time he puts on the shirt.
PPJ
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby