Banahan

Re: Banahan

radioshed 12 Jan 2018 21:16 pm said..

Another positive, as he is unlikely to play for England again, he should be available to play the whole season.
Posts: 208
radioshed
Vice-Captain

Re: Banahan

barrie 12 Jan 2018 21:41 pm said..

That was some try he scored today; a few of those in Cherry & White would be good!!
Posts: 61
barrie
First team regular

Re: Banahan

NorthernShedHead 12 Jan 2018 22:25 pm said..

Posts: 344
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

Re: Banahan

Snevets49 12 Jan 2018 22:53 pm said..

In a side that were clearly second best for most of match and even ignoring his outstanding try finish, I thought he produced one of the better performances in a Bath shirt.
Granted his name isn't Underhill or Mercer and he isn't an 'X- factor' player like Watson or Joseph, I'm sure we will get some benefit from his abilities....
8-)
Posts: 1290  Location: Upton upon Severn
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Re: Banahan

Beddis 12 Jan 2018 23:02 pm said..

Thought Watson and Joseph were woeful tonight, EJ watching cannot be impressed by that performance
Posts: 3193  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis
Moderator

Re: Banahan

Herefordpropforward 12 Jan 2018 23:08 pm said..

Scarlets were unstoppable and played with that zing, enthusiasm and creativity that has been the hall mark of Welsh rugby. Long may it continue.
West is best
Posts: 458
Herefordpropforward
Vice-Captain

Re: Banahan

Number10 13 Jan 2018 03:20 am said..

Beddis wrote:Thought Watson and Joseph were woeful tonight, EJ watching cannot be impressed by that performance


Watson was very good going forward, not great in defence though.
Posts: 1061
Number10
Hall of Famer

Re: Banahan

Merican forester 13 Jan 2018 04:21 am said..

Banahan is a great signing and in the same league as Slater. A 8/10 week in week out, a consistently high performing player, just the sort we need. Great role model for our young wingers.

Welcome to the club and look forward to seeing you run out in cherry and white.
Posts: 349  Location: B**h
Merican forester
Vice-Captain

Re: Banahan

Beddis 13 Jan 2018 08:06 am said..

Number10 wrote:
Beddis wrote:Thought Watson and Joseph were woeful tonight, EJ watching cannot be impressed by that performance


Watson was very good going forward, not great in defence though.

Compared to the Scarlets he was no threat whatsoever, just a lot of jinking around before getting tackled and quite often losing ground or even the ball.

Barf were completely outplayed in every facet and only a small number of players can take any satisfaction from their display, Banahan (thankfully), Stooke and Mercer, the rest were just poor or worse.

Great to see as a Glos supporter but not quite so good from the English point of view
Posts: 3193  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis
Moderator

Re: Banahan

Severus 13 Jan 2018 08:15 am said..

Beddis wrote:
Number10 wrote:
Beddis wrote:Thought Watson and Joseph were woeful tonight, EJ watching cannot be impressed by that performance


Watson was very good going forward, not great in defence though.

Compared to the Scarlets he was no threat whatsoever, just a lot of jinking around before getting tackled and quite often losing ground or even the ball.

Barf were completely outplayed in every facet and only a small number of players can take any satisfaction from their display, Banahan (thankfully), Stooke and Mercer, the rest were just poor or worse.

Great to see as a Glos supporter but not quite so good from the English point of view

I usually support English sides in Europe but can’t bring myself to do that with Bath. Last nights match was great for the result but even better for the way the Scarlets played the game.
Posts: 821
Severus
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyS, Bing [Bot], gmorgan131285, Google [Bot], MutleyPhil, Peanutcoxy, Pyrrhosoma and 22 guests