Banahan

Re: Banahan

Lebowski 11 Jan 2018 19:53 pm said..

stuartjames wrote:John Afoa is from NZ, he plays for us because the money's good, not because he's got a granny from Tuffley, the same for all the foreign players on our books. That's the same as Charles Piutau, he had a short term contract at Wasps, a 2 year contract at Ulster. Both completed in style. What has loyalty got to do with it?

You’ve totally shattered my illusions about Afoa’s genealogy. :(
Lebowski

tigerchef 11 Jan 2018 20:00 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Yeah ‘coz the scrum has been dreadful this year compared with last. :shock:

Who would you want back instead of Balmain, Denman and Rapava-Ruskin?

Rupert Harden?

Is that the correct answer? Do I win anything?
tigerchef
Hero in the making

GammoGlos 11 Jan 2018 20:03 pm said..

tigerchef wrote:
Lebowski wrote:Yeah ‘coz the scrum has been dreadful this year compared with last. :shock:

Who would you want back instead of Balmain, Denman and Rapava-Ruskin?

Rupert Harden?

Is that the correct answer? Do I win anything?

To soon??
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain

TOBIAS 11 Jan 2018 21:49 pm said..

Well we have seen little of the newbies as it has been in the main the front three from last year give or take so it must be down to the coaches
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

DieTrying 11 Jan 2018 23:14 pm said..

MB, whilst not my cup of tea by a long way, will have a lot on his shoulders. He can either go the MT route & become "liked", rather than legend-ish in MT's case, or end up like Olly Barkley & be derided. I suggest he talks to MT in order to start afresh, rather than bring the Bath baggage with him.
DieTrying

Snevets49 11 Jan 2018 23:33 pm said..

However admirable MT's tenure was at Glaws, I would rather Banahan speak to and be guided by JA - which I'm sure he has.

What in MB's performances and known personality, gives any indication that he will perform like OB? From what I can see, none. OB always appeared somewhat immature - MB certainly does not.

Now, certainly MB is not what some would see as an 'X-Factor' player, such as Piatau...but no one on here or within club has claimed otherwise.
He appears to have been signed as a premier quality, professional, committed player that fits what JA requires and how he wants team to play - nothing more, nothing less.

I've read many supporters of Glaws and other clubs who, before a match, have claimed that it should be straight forward to expose MB's limitations.....not often they have been proven to be correct.....

Welcome MB, do yourself proud with us.
Last edited by Snevets49 on 12 Jan 2018 09:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 12 Jan 2018 06:35 am said..

Josh Hohneck has been a massive improvement on last season, he looked a little flakey then but has improved hugely, both in the loose and at scrum time. That has to be coaching and/or the outlook of the whole pack?
stuartjames
Hero in the making

mjad 12 Jan 2018 12:39 pm said..

I am going to add a little big of negativity to this (well, it is Shedweb!), he's a great player, but I feel we may have signed him a couple of years too late. I hear it's a 3 year contract, that will take him up to 34, which is pushing it for a winger.

The upside to this, is the experience he brings to the squad, especially for the younger players - they will learn a lot from him. I wonder if he's going to be included in the coaching set up somehow?

I just hope he proves me totally wrong (on the 1st paragraph)!
Regards
Michael
mjad
Hero in the making

Kinga 12 Jan 2018 12:48 pm said..

mjad wrote:I am going to add a little big of negativity to this (well, it is Shedweb!), he's a great player, but I feel we may have signed him a couple of years too late. I hear it's a 3 year contract, that will take him up to 34, which is pushing it for a winger.

The upside to this, is the experience he brings to the squad, especially for the younger players - they will learn a lot from him. I wonder if he's going to be included in the coaching set up somehow?

I just hope he proves me totally wrong (on the 1st paragraph)!

I would say that he can stay in shape he can continue to play for many years.

Mark Cueto played until his late 30's i believe.
Kinga
Vice-Captain

Ken Burney 12 Jan 2018 12:56 pm said..

Yes ... Cueto played until he was 35/36.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby