Nice touch from our club

Nice touch from our club

Ken Burney 10 Jan 2018 14:45 pm said..

Kookie and I renewed our Shed memberships yesterday. I soon received an acknowledgement e-mail confirming our renewal for 2018/19.

Today, I received a "thank you" e-mail for having renewed along with a pre-recorded message with a word of thanks from Johan Ackermann.

I thought that this represented good customer care from our club and I appreciated this gesture. Well done and thanks to our club.

For me, it's often the small gestures which count.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Re: Nice touch from our club

Peanutcoxy 10 Jan 2018 15:20 pm said..

Indeed Ken and I suspect that you are particularly worthy of the messages of thanks. Sadly, however, it is also the little things that let the club down. We renewed our membership for 2017/18 at the beginning of last year but due to an admin system error on their part, they didn’t take our April DDs. We contacted the club to inform them and after a bit of toing and froing, the club apologised and as a gesture of goodwill, wrote off the April payment. I yesterday received a 3 line unsigned letter from the club telling us that unless we paid up the shortfall, entry would be refused to any home games! As members for many years my wife and I were truly shocked. I called the club immediately and got it sorted in the end with an apology from the nice young lady in the office.

The tone of the letter, the unsigned nature of it and the threat was quite appalling and they are very lucky that we had already renewed for next year. The little things work both ways sadly.
Last edited by Peanutcoxy on 10 Jan 2018 16:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peanutcoxy
On the board

Glen Sannox 10 Jan 2018 15:25 pm said..

Great to hear... and also good to hear something other than criticism of the club's admin
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 10 Jan 2018 16:06 pm said..

Peanutcoxy ... I am sure that both the e-mail and the message from Johann Ackermann were standardised. I expect that other renewers have been treated similarly.

Nevertheless, my praise for our club stands.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 10 Jan 2018 16:09 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:Peanutcoxy ... I am sure that both the e-mail and the message from Johann Ackermann were standardised. I expect that other renewers have been treated similarly.

It may just be you Ken, I didn't get one :(
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 10 Jan 2018 16:23 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:Peanutcoxy ... I am sure that both the e-mail and the message from Johann Ackermann were standardised. I expect that other renewers have been treated similarly.

It might only be a recent thing as we renewed at the beginning of December and didn’t get one but that should not diminish the gesture from the club in your case.
Peanutcoxy
On the board

DieTrying 10 Jan 2018 17:27 pm said..

I got one. :D
DieTrying

Porky 10 Jan 2018 20:17 pm said..

I didn't get one but I renewed very early too. :shock:
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

Elmer Fudd 11 Jan 2018 09:48 am said..

I got the message from Johan as well after renewing earlier this week.

Simple, but a nice touch.

Glaws is a club on the up that is taking time to look after the small details.
Forwards win games, backs decide by how much...........
Elmer Fudd
Turns out for the A team

spaman 12 Jan 2018 20:37 pm said..

At Kingsholm ticket office today, for renewal of season ticket very helpful front of house as as wanted a ticket for the Leicester game as well. I hope they reunite the owner of the purse/wallet which was left on the counter outside. :)
spaman
Senior squad member

Return to Gloucester Rugby