Leicester Reserves

Leicester Reserves

Porky 12 Jan 2018 16:55 pm said..

Glad I am not a Tigers fan paying hard-earned cash to travel to Castres to watch the side O'Connor has selected! Is he taking the mickey?

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/951831184354537476
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

Re: Leicester Reserves

Fat Taff 12 Jan 2018 17:13 pm said..

There's as good as out of Europe. Makes sense to focus on the league. They've never failed to qualify for the play offs in 13 seasons, but it looks like they might struggle this year.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

CMGC 12 Jan 2018 17:17 pm said..

It is the flaw in the qualifying table format. Once you are out of it then there is no point risking injury/ fatigue with top line players so it means you field a 2nd XV. Of course it then makes is doubly easy for the team you happen to be drawn against lete in the fixt list. This skews results in their favour.
CMGC

plod 12 Jan 2018 17:34 pm said..

Quite a few Gloucester supporters will be going to watch a second string Agen side this evening. I suppose if the players are registered then they can pick anyone. Occasionally, it happens in football where a team is accused of putting out a weak side, usually under similar circumstances to tonight’s game viz league is more important than a cup they have no chance of winning.
plod
Hero in the making

SirHenry 12 Jan 2018 17:49 pm said..

Before I opened this thread I assumed it would be about Worcester given the long history of Tiggers pillaging their best players (rumoured to be an ongoing process)
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
Hero in the making

Porky 14 Jan 2018 20:03 pm said..

Beaten 39-0

Cannot see that doing them any good.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
On the board

Number10 14 Jan 2018 20:30 pm said..

CMGC wrote:It is the flaw in the qualifying table format. Once you are out of it then there is no point risking injury/ fatigue with top line players so it means you field a 2nd XV. Of course it then makes is doubly easy for the team you happen to be drawn against lete in the fixt list. This skews results in their favour.

Or go the quins and saints way and field a strong team and pick up a confidence boosting win

I expect a lot of Gloucester fans remember our great victory against toulouse a few years ago. We were already out of the tournament but it was still great to get a win like that.
Number10
On the board

shedwebber 14 Jan 2018 21:03 pm said..

Leicester appear rudderless this season and it may take a season or so to really see progress of a re-build. Whether in the modern game the fans will be patient enough with the coaches is another matter. This season there is a lot more competition from the top to the bottom of the league and a good few surprised to come before the end of the season. I hope the team as still annoyed about chucking the Northampton game away and use it as fuel for the next few games to come. We have done better than I thought we would do this season but hope we don't get unstuck when we meet Leicester again!
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
Vice-Captain

Lebowski 15 Jan 2018 10:35 am said..

Both Quins and Saints fielded first teams which respected the integrity of the competition, gave the spectators what they deserved and did their confidence a power of good. Hard not to admire their approach although the flip side is injuries of course - Bothma with a broken arm!

I fail to see what the Leicester coaching team can have taken away from that game.

On a seperate note I would be fascinated to know how the ref and TMO can watch a cheap forearm to the head and not even give a penalty! :shock:
Lebowski

Big Red 15 Jan 2018 11:16 am said..

You can bet a very different Tigers side will turn up to CG next month!
Big Red
On the board
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby