Bath v Llanelli

Re: Bath v Llanelli

Not1eyed 13 Jan 2018 08:19 am said..

Yes he was playing and I thought if you take into account he hasn’t played in 2 months and bath were on the back foot all game he did ok.
I’m not sure why he gets such a hard time, it’s not his fault that some pundits, mostly BT sport, have decided he’s the messiah of English rugby and can do no wrong.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 13 Jan 2018 09:30 am said..

I don’t see what not playing in two months has to do with anything. Surely they were on the back foot because the Bath players, him included, were outplayed? It may not be his fault but I am sick to death of the adulation he gets every time he so much as makes a tackle.
Lebowski

David 13 Jan 2018 09:56 am said..

He actually did pretty well in the circumstances, which is to stay he was run off his feet whilst being at times simultaneously smashed by the phenomenal Scarlets, whose back row of Shingler, Davies (especially) and Barclay were fantastic. Their whole pack was rock-solid, and as for that back-line, well, I'll have whatever they were having, please...
Incidentally, Bananaman played as if he had a point to prove - can't think what? ;)
David
On the board

Not1eyed 13 Jan 2018 10:03 am said..

I haven’t worded that very well. The 2 months out was reference to his fitness levels. It’ll take a couple weeks to get fully match fit. I wasn’t implying that was why Bath on back foot. Scarlets were very impressive.
I get the fact that the hype around him is sickening, my point was that isn’t his fault. He isn’t courting that or actively seeking it. Seems to me he just goes about his business quietly and the rest is being forced on him so his performances shouldn’t be judged on the fact BT sport think he’s the new Richie Mccaw
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 13 Jan 2018 10:08 am said..

Scarlets took not only the points but the 'Rag Doll' which the teams have competed over for years.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

steckers 13 Jan 2018 10:09 am said..

I agree, it's not his fault - and BT need to get a grip - it's not the first time they have got carried away with someone for them to be a complete flop. Personally, I'd take Ludlow every day of the week.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 13 Jan 2018 10:35 am said..

Not sure it’s fair to call Underhill a complete flop. He is a very good player.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Herefordpropforward 13 Jan 2018 10:50 am said..

I may be missing something but I don't get this wonder kid hype about Underhill. I tried to look out for him last evening, as far as you can on live tv and I didn't see anything that fermented my cider . He reminds me of Robinson. An Exocet with little creativity . Anyway what do we front row boys know about the back row technicians ? :lol: :shock: :? :roll:
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Vice-Captain

madders 13 Jan 2018 10:56 am said..

Hallelujah!
Perhaps some of these “superheroes” aren’t as good a the sports journalist in “the Sun” keeps telling everyone.
We have a lot of quality here at Gloucester.....don’t forget it, even when they do dumb things and lose at FG.
madders
Hall of Famer

LowerO 13 Jan 2018 10:57 am said..

Sad that there are so many critics of a local lad who is clearly talented. It’s not his fault that the media have fallen in love with him - he certainly hasn’t craved the attention.
LowerO
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby