Bath v Llanelli

Re: Bath v Llanelli

Still Realistic 13 Jan 2018 15:03 pm said..

There is clearly something not quite right at the Rec as they have a Dyson full of talented players but they just aren't clicking. I hope that proves to the doubters what an effective signing Banners will be. I have followed Mercers career through the age group where he has always looked an outstanding talent but this really his first season at Prem level and with the back row injuries Barf have had he has played far more than he probably expected. Personally I think that unless he bulks up (with all the problems that may cause) he is probably more of a 7 in the modern game and with the laws as they currently stand. I like Underhill too and he really needs a long run of games to get back up to speed and again under the current laws, a bit like Kvesic, I am not sure his strengths are the most important currently. He is still young and his attacking game should improve and they will probably change the laws again soon!!!!!

As others have pointed out I loved that thoroughly obnoxious Cook getting shown up big time last night.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 13 Jan 2018 16:13 pm said..

I don't take any pleasure in a Welsh region beating an English club...never, under any circumstances.

Mind you, you would expect the Scarlets to beat the 9th team in the Premeriship
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Diamo 13 Jan 2018 17:00 pm said..

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There's some wonderfully subtle humour on this board sometimes!
Posts: 666  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

Tj36 13 Jan 2018 17:25 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I don't take any pleasure in a Welsh region beating an English club...never, under any circumstances.

Mind you, you would expect the Scarlets to beat the 9th team in the Premeriship

Couldn’t agree more Glen.
Tj36
Senior squad member

shedwebber 14 Jan 2018 21:06 pm said..

Normally I would agree but there is just something about barf......
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
Hero in the making

Lebowski 15 Jan 2018 10:45 am said..

I don’t favour one team or another purely on nationality. I loved seeing Bath get smashed.

On the other hand I was rooting for Sarries but that’s mainly because I fiind Webb and, particularly, Biggar so obnoxious. What I admire about Biggar is he never lets up or disappoints. Lacey spoke to Jones about Biggar’s behaviour quite early on but it made not a jot of difference - he continued to gob off and flap his arms at every decision all game.
Lebowski

Glen Sannox 15 Jan 2018 10:54 am said..

I just can't get into this historical 'Bath hating' thing. I much prefer them to Wuss, and I'd even want that lot to win if they were playing a Welsh or Irish club! (That's based not on racism, but the legacy of the way the Celts screwed the English and French over in the days of Heineken Cup qualification...the Dublin-based mafia were a disgrace)
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 15 Jan 2018 10:57 am said..

Glen I completely agree with you about the historical anti-Bath thing, but then like you I’m not Glos born and bred. I’ve learned to hate them though, mainly thanks to Brucie. :D
Lebowski

Peanutcoxy 15 Jan 2018 11:01 am said..

Lebowski wrote:I don’t favour one team or another purely on nationality. I loved seeing Bath get smashed.

On the other hand I was rooting for Sarries but that’s mainly because I fiind Webb and, particularly, Biggar so obnoxious. What I admire about Biggar is he never lets up or disappoints. Lacey spoke to Jones about Biggar’s behaviour quite early on but it made not a jot of difference - he continued to gob off and flap his arms at every decision all game.

The problem with Biggar is that no referees clamp down on it. If he was a forward doing that, he would be shown no mercy. As a back though, it seems he gets away with it for some reason. Perhaps he needed Nigel Owens to put him in his place but that hasn’t happened due to nationality. Shame cos he’s a very good all round 10
Peanutcoxy
Hero in the making

Lewi7 15 Jan 2018 11:11 am said..

We'll see how Dan B gets on with Saints and AP refs next season.

As for Bath - understanding the history and how that Club conducted themselves, in the main, from the early 80's is key.
Posts: 3422  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby