Future Fumblings

Future Fumblings

Oxford Glaws 13 Jan 2018 09:31 am said..

Readers, I have barely scratched the surface with these first four chapters. There is much more to come. With patience you will come to understand, for example, why the Mira stand can never be rebuilt or why our hero had to go on the run for several months after the Walkinshaw takeover.

But I fear that my audience is already wearying. Chapter 3, over which I had laboured until dawn's early light broke over dreaming spires of the BMW factory, received fewer reads than the "Leicester Reserves" thread (though I appreciate that the latter does the bear the advantage of topicality). The fault can only be in the telling, rather than the subject (the original title for the book was going to be "The Greatest Story Ever Told", but somebody else had got there first).

Anyway, if there is an appetite for more, I will happily sharpen my quill and send out to my candle-maker for extra supplies. If not, perhaps we should allow Baz the privacy that he has always craved and I shall retire as Boswell to the Great Man's Johnson.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Re: Future Fumblings

Glossince86 13 Jan 2018 09:51 am said..

Don't worrying about the reading figures for chapter 3 Ox Glaws, many on here may not have had a chance to read it after work yesterday and were then side tracked by a certain rugby game yesterday evening. Allow for the cloudy heads to clear this morning and the shopping trip with the missus, and I'm sure viewing figures for chapter 3 & 4 with increase significantly!
Glossince86
Hero in the making

Tim in Shropshire 13 Jan 2018 09:55 am said..

OG. Love it and would certainly appreciate more - much more.
Just wondering if you might have launched your fumblings a little prematurely. A fumbling a week through the summer would lift all our spirits and ensure that said fumblings don't get lost among OGTs, Team's Up and others' musings.
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain

Oxford Glaws 13 Jan 2018 10:00 am said..

That was something I had thought of too Tim. Some chapters will be "breaking news", like the Banahan one. Others can be published at a more leisurely rate - Shedweb meets Reader's Digest if you like.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Aaron 13 Jan 2018 10:05 am said..

I've certainly enjoyed reading the true story of Don Baz. We knew there was more to the story than the supposed "I just asked them in the 1873" line he often cloaks his revelations in but could never imagine the truth you've uncovered. I hope you can continue break open the story for your loyal readership.
Aaron
First team regular

CMGC 13 Jan 2018 10:19 am said..

I think spacing the editions over a wider period and a focus on th eoff season makes sense. However I do appreciate the value of publishing around events and topicality. I guess you have to react to your artistic urges and that is probably the best way to go. If it becomes too structured and formulaic it may lose something. Your prose will flourish if you vent what you have inside rather than meeting a deadline!!!
CMGC

SirHenry 13 Jan 2018 10:59 am said..

Shedweb meets Reader's Wives if you like.

Shurely shome mishtake...

More we say !

Weekly at least.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

forresterinyorks 13 Jan 2018 11:25 am said..

Please don't stop OG. Great stuff.
Never Stay Down.
forresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Maxshedhead 13 Jan 2018 11:39 am said..

Agreed. Please don't stop. I read Fumblings before the OGT
Maxshedhead
Senior squad member

GammoGlos 13 Jan 2018 12:10 pm said..

Please don't stop OG I'm really enjoying this