European Qualification

European Qualification

Baz 13 Jan 2018 15:08 pm said..

12-0 up against Connacht. We need them to win and stade to beat Edinburgh next week to give us a chance of top 2
Last edited by Baz on 14 Jan 2018 15:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Re: Worcester favour

Baz 13 Jan 2018 15:51 pm said..

24-14 Woos with a bonus point at H/T. Connacht down to 13.
Baz
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 13 Jan 2018 16:56 pm said..

FT: 24 v 24
DieTrying

Europe qualification Re: Worcester favour

Baz 13 Jan 2018 16:57 pm said..

Obviously few get the significance of this but Connacht got 2 points today putting them on 21, same as us. It means that a bonus point win against Pau will put us above them in the rankings. So if Stade beat Edinburgh in Paris next week (likely) we will finish second in the rankings to Newcastle. This is great news because because a home quarter and semi final will give us a great chance of getting to Bilbao.
Not sure why this thread was ignored? Thousands will end up going if we get there. Please yourselves but I want tosee us play the final in Spain and I want every advantage to get there. Next few weeks will come hundreds of questions about qualification. It happens every year. :roll: :roll:
Baz
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 13 Jan 2018 17:03 pm said..

Baz wrote:Obviously few get the significance of this but Connacht got 2 points today putting them on 21, same as us. It means that a bonus point win against Pau will put us above them in the rankings. So if Stade beat Edinburgh in Paris next week (likely) we will finish second in the rankings to Newcastle. This is great news because because a home quarter and semi final will give us a great chance of getting to Bilbao.
Not sure why this thread was ignored? Thousands will end up going if we get there. Please yourselves but I want tosee us play the final in Spain and I want every advantage to get there. Next few weeks will come hundreds of questions about qualification. It happens every year. :roll: :roll:

Perhaps we read it and were satisfied with the info and didn't deem it necessary to comment further? (I understand the irony in commenting further...)
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

Brakspear 13 Jan 2018 17:08 pm said..

Obviously I was doing something else like reading Chapter 4.
Brakspear
Vice-Captain

James J 13 Jan 2018 17:14 pm said..

NorthernShedHead wrote:
Baz wrote:Obviously few get the significance of this but Connacht got 2 points today putting them on 21, same as us. It means that a bonus point win against Pau will put us above them in the rankings. So if Stade beat Edinburgh in Paris next week (likely) we will finish second in the rankings to Newcastle. This is great news because because a home quarter and semi final will give us a great chance of getting to Bilbao.

Perhaps we read it and were satisfied with the info and didn't deem it necessary to comment further? (I understand the irony in commenting further...)

My thoughts exactly NSH.
James J
Vice-Captain

Oldprop 13 Jan 2018 17:29 pm said..

Well, I'm not sure I entirely get it now. Presumably Connacht could also get a bonus point win next week and some sort of tie break would be involved. Also, does top two guarantee a home semi? Last year there was some weird thing about quarter finalists who won away getting priority.
Oldprop
Hall of Famer

Baz 13 Jan 2018 17:49 pm said..

(a) For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home venue advantage

If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home home venue advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 8 will have home venue advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home venue advantage

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home venue advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 7 will have home venue advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home venue advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home venue advantage

Gloucester currently have a 37 point advantage on Connacht and firstly decided onpoints difference if two teams qualify with the same points.
If we win with a bonus point against Pau, Newcastle and Edinburgh will be the only ones stopping us getting top two but Newcastle are fairly nailed on with two easy games to finish, so we are hoping to finish better than Edinburgh.
Baz
Hall of Famer

grunter 13 Jan 2018 18:03 pm said..

Pau 28-7 up at HT against Zebre with the try bonus point already in the bag.
grunter
On the board
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby