Exeter v Montpelier

Re: Exeter v Montpelier

PeterD 13 Jan 2018 20:29 pm said..

EJ is setting himself up to fall short next year. He is relying on his chosen few to see him through.
What more do Armand and Woodburn have to do? Both should be exposed to the England set up. The AI’s showed various weaknesses. So far EJ has done nothing to fill those gaps.
Time will tell.
PeterD
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 13 Jan 2018 20:35 pm said..

Woodburn is class and they were 2 top class finishes today but he’s a left wing I believe. If EJ who would you pick on wings out of May, Daly, Nowell, Watson and Woodburn? My limited knowledge says it’s a straight choice between May and Woodburn. I know which way I’d go. He’s a bit unlucky he plays in a position England very strong in. Maybe Scotland could find some ancestry. :D :D
Not1eyed
On the board

Geoffy 13 Jan 2018 20:45 pm said..

This will be a defining set of matches for EJ. 4 wins out of 5 would suggest no significant change in direction.
Anything less than that will shine a light on all the issues being highlighted by the media - Hartley's form, the centre combination, the back row (with or without BV), Brown's longevity etc...
Scotland away looks like the toughest match.
Geoffy
Senior squad member

Not1eyed 13 Jan 2018 20:52 pm said..

I agree that Scotland away is England’s toughest game. I don’t see any issue with the Farrell/ Joseph centre partnership, think the media might be looking for a problem that doesn’t exist
Not1eyed
On the board

Chico 13 Jan 2018 22:09 pm said..

Geoffy wrote:... the back row (with or without BV), Brown's longevity etc...
Scotland away looks like the toughest match.

BV just got injured in the Sarries Ospreys game so depending on how bad it is he may not be an option anyway. Bad run of luck for the guy, especially considering his form since his return.

I can't fathom how Armand is still overlooked though.
Chico
Turns out for the A team

Beddis 13 Jan 2018 22:13 pm said..

Plus I just read that my mate received a (probably well deserved) red card today, so could be a doubt for the first match or two.

I do think Armand deserves a go, as does Ludlow. No idea what Underhill has done to be there yet, apart from have pretty bad tackle technique and thereby getting injured loads
Posts: 2980  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Chico 13 Jan 2018 22:30 pm said..

Haskell's challenge was pretty horrendous. No effort to tackle properly at all.

To be fair he has publicly apologised. Some may see this as a cynical attempt to mitigate against the length of his impending ban...
Chico
Turns out for the A team

Glen Sannox 14 Jan 2018 08:34 am said..

PeterD, we don't know who is in the 6N squad yet! Who knows, there might be a few surprises?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 14 Jan 2018 09:10 am said..

PeterD, we don't know who is in the 6N squad yet! Who knows, there might be a few surprises?

Injuries not withstanding, does EJ not have to pick from his 'squad' recently named? I thought that was the whole point of the agreement with the PRL. So if BV is out, he has the option of Graham or Simmonds, before he can look to call up Armand etc ?
stuartjames
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 14 Jan 2018 10:37 am said..

All sorts of things he can do if he wants to! :D
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby