Forget going to Bilbao

Re: Forget going to Bilbao

SonofPricey 14 Jan 2018 13:20 pm said..

There are loads of rooms and apartments on airbnb. I wouldn’t panic just yet. There is also 4/5 airports that you can fly into using the cheap airlines although you will need a hire car at the other end. I am thinking if we do get there it’s going to be an epic road trip through France for me and a few others
SonofPricey
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 14 Jan 2018 18:14 pm said..

I am an airbnb expert. I will find somewhere with a pool and a butler for a fiver a night. Leave the car at Portsmouth and get on the lash on the ferry. My 50th birthday present to me. Make it so Glaws
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Rhino 14 Jan 2018 19:57 pm said..

Had a quick look at a Ferry, and its coming out at around £700.00 return for two with a car,
no online option for foot passengers, need to contact Brittany for that option.
Anyone know who flies to any nearby airports ?
Rhino
Vice-Captain

Pipnick 14 Jan 2018 20:17 pm said..

I hate working in education!!!! No holidays in termtime!!! :(
Swung Edinburgh last year by the skin of my teeth..... sad times.
Pipnick
Turns out for the A team

Chris in Spain 14 Jan 2018 20:28 pm said..

Rhino wrote:Had a quick look at a Ferry, and its coming out at around £700.00 return for two with a car,
no online option for foot passengers, need to contact Brittany for that option.
Anyone know who flies to any nearby airports ?

Vueling fly from Birmingham to Barcelona and Barcelona to Bilbao, but not everyday, so you would need to check at http://www.vueling.com

Iberia fly from Heathrow to Madrid and Madrid to Bilbao, but you would be looking at €400 per person or thereabouts.....

If I was doing it from the UK, I would do as Fat Taff suggests. Park your car at Portsmouth and do the ferry as a foot passenger. Phone Brittany Ferries.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Chris in Spain
Hero in the making
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby