Eddie Jones

Re: Eddie Jones

Fat Taff 18 Mar 2018 18:12 pm said..

upton dc wrote:
Fat Taff wrote:
upton dc wrote:FT, your deductions from reading my posts are somewhat awry. You seem to want to focus on just one comment I made and not the ‘theme’ of the post, namely ‘Fine Margins’, of which Ireland were and are masters of. Are you a news correspondent for RT by any chance?

That comment being that England were the better team and that the stats prove it.

They weren't, and they don't.

If you can show me otherwise, great, but you've chosen not to.

Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour? FT, I have already stated (more than once) that my opinion that England were the better side was ‘subjective’. That means it was my perception and that some of the stats may support that subjective opinion. It is my opinion that should England not have increased the in-goal area by one metre (fine margin), had Rob Kearney’s knock on been picked up by the fourth official (fine margin), or if Sexton’s last minute drop kick against France had gone wide of the post by one inch (extremely fine margin), then we may well be looking at a Welsh championship (different outcome).

Now if you will excuse me I will now move on to my ‘being hit on the head’ lessons in the next room. :D

Look, your view is fine and valid (what's the point of this forum otherwise ;) ) but I can't for the life of me see which stats show England were better, and you haven't said which ones, in your opinion, support your subjective view.

If England were better, then head to head there must have been some domination. Which English players were better than their opposite number, or dominated them?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

upton dc 18 Mar 2018 18:16 pm said..

Doh, you are exhausting me. I am now enjoying my ‘being hit on the head’ lessons more than this dialogue. Please graciously accept my submission before I bleed to death.
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

Glen Sannox 18 Mar 2018 18:38 pm said..

chalker, Martin P was a difficult man to interview - never, ever rude in any way - but never at ease. However, David P is an entirely different kettle of fish, and I always found him utterly helpful, and a very good tipster! I always asked for a 'chaser and hurdler to follow for the season, and his record was outstanding. Had it not been for the untimely death of his biggest owner, Pipe Jnr would be right up there in the top ranks...and will be again in the future I believe.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Chalker 18 Mar 2018 18:54 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Chalker wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:Resting horses isn't a new idea, and wasn't initiated by Hen Knight! If you're looking to see who changed NH racing it was Martin Pipe who decided he could get horses fit on the gallops and didn't need to have 'prep' races. I interviewed a top trainer (and he's still near the top of his profession) who said to me back in the 90s about Pipe, 'He's making us all look like ****s'. Trust me, those long breaks between races don't mean the horses are having it easy...they're being trained very hard, but usually on artificial surfaces.

The documentary with Martin Pipe and Stuart Barnes is worth watching Glen, also AP has done one with him as well. As a journo I bet you didn't get many invitations into the Pipe household!

My last sentence re money still stands.

Do you have a link to the doc at all? Had a search but couldn’t find it, would be very interested to watch this.

I'm working now Gb will DM you in the morning especially as it's OT!
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Gb83 18 Mar 2018 18:55 pm said..

The documentary with Martin Pipe and Stuart Barnes is worth watching Glen, also AP has done one with him as well. As a journo I bet you didn't get many invitations into the Pipe household!

My last sentence re money still stands.[/quote]

Do you have a link to the doc at all? Had a search but couldn’t find it, would be very interested to watch this.[/quote]

I'm working now Gb will DM you in the morning especially as it's OT![/quote]

Thank you very much
Gb83
On the board

robs1 18 Mar 2018 19:12 pm said..

Guys the point I was trying to make was that a DONKEY isnt going to beat a racehorse, doesnt matter if its tired or not. when you have cole, robshaw and haskell, great players though they have been they are the donkeys against the irish racehorses, even if there is a factor that more games mean a lower performance then the older/heavier players are bound to be more affected, they may get away with it in AP games but in the higher intensity internationals they get found out, just my opinion of course
robs1
Hall of Famer

Ferret 18 Mar 2018 19:13 pm said..

I wonder at what stage during two years prior to end of 2018 Six Nations that he decided some players have played their last International.
Ferret
On the board

CMGC 19 Mar 2018 10:24 am said..

Interesting opinions beign expressed by Moore in the Torygraph.
"Speaking to officials, I know that they are under pressure in the Premiership to limit the number of penalties and facilitate an open game"
Then when you get a different directive from the WR or the 6 Nat's lot it makes it a challenge. Surely in the modern age we need to get a consistent directive or ruling for all competitions. Surely it can't be right or remotely sensible to have the Prem issuing their own directives to ref's . Crickey we get enough inconsistencies in the Prem as it is without the Prem being overtly at odds with the rest of the N Heisphere !!!
CMGC

plod 19 Mar 2018 10:49 am said..

Having performed something of a miracle to get an unbeaten run of 18 games after the RWC, he will have to perform another if we are to be competitive at the next one. Confidence will be shot to pieces and there aren’t any games coming up soon to rebuild.
plod
On the board

Fat Taff 19 Mar 2018 10:55 am said..

plod wrote:Having performed something of a miracle to get an unbeaten run of 18 games after the RWC, he will have to perform another if we are to be competitive at the next one. Confidence will be shot to pieces and there aren’t any games coming up soon to rebuild.

Three test tour of South Africa in June, first test 9th.

Champions Cup final 12th May, Aviva final 27th May.

If the players are knackered now, imagine what they'll be like at the end of June.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby