New Badge

Re: New Badge

DieTrying 21 Mar 2018 18:36 pm said..

The first one for me, minus the rugby posts. I'd also put the City crest somewhere.
DieTrying

Chewbacca 21 Mar 2018 18:46 pm said..

Anyone know what the onside thing is all about? Both the logo and the use of the word?
Chewbacca
Senior squad member

plod 22 Mar 2018 10:32 am said..

Anything as long as it’s not Gloucester Rugby Football Club.
plod
On the board

Biffo 22 Mar 2018 11:18 am said..

plod wrote:Anything as long as it’s not Gloucester Rugby Football Club.

For heavens sake why not?
When the club was formed Rule 1 of the club rules stated "That the Club be called the “Gloucester Football Club”."
Rugby was added later.
So would you still want it to be called Gloucester Football Club without any reference to rugby.
I doubt it.
Biffo
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 22 Mar 2018 12:14 pm said..

Chewbacca wrote:Anyone know what the onside thing is all about? Both the logo and the use of the word?
it's registered only for Class 41. If you click through it reads

Class 41
Rugby training; providing courses of rugby training and education; provision of instruction courses on the subjects of rugby, physical fitness or health; organising, arranging and conducting sporting events, courses, classes, workshops, conferences, conventions, demonstrations, displays and exhibitions, competitions and seminars, all on the subjects of rugby, physical fitness or health; organising, arranging and conducting recreational, sporting or cultural activities, all relating to rugby; sporting assessment, namely, rugby assessment; provision of sporting facilities, all relating to rugby; rental of sporting facilities, all relating to rugby; rental of sporting equipment, all relating to rugby; certification of sports awards or qualifications, all relating to rugby; information, advisory and consultancy services (but expresslyexcluding the provision of legal services) relating to all the aforementioned services.

I think it's one of the external community programmes they run....
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Castle Grim Reaper 22 Mar 2018 12:20 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I think it's one of the external community programmes they run....

Maybe that's what the badge is for :o
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

plod 22 Mar 2018 12:28 pm said..

Sorry Biffo but I hoped the irony would be apparent. GRFC would be perfect.
plod
On the board

torchy6 22 Mar 2018 15:02 pm said..

plod wrote:Sorry Biffo but I hoped the irony would be apparent. GRFC would be perfect.

+1
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

Rhino 22 Mar 2018 18:45 pm said..

by lucifer » 21 Mar 2018 19:25 pm

Rhino, I don’t know if you’d call it pirated but Hudson’s sells a lot of kit with the old city crest. Usually good quality too.

Lucifer

That,s the point that I am trying to make.
If kit is on sale, and selling with the city crest, what does it matter about a copy right?
People still identify with the badge and buy for whatever reason, crest, design style fit ect
They also know that the items are not official, not been able to copyright the crest makes not that much difference IMO
Rhino
Vice-Captain

Captain Jolly 22 Mar 2018 19:13 pm said..

A straw poll taken in the Pelican on a match day would give a very strong clue as to the most popular badge.
Westy is watching.
Captain Jolly
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby